House for sale
1 Lawrence Street,
3 1 1
Elegant Period Cottage in Unmatched LocationEffortlessly elegant and newly refreshed in a treasured neighbourhood, this enchanting 3 bedroom period home classically combines substantial space and contemporary style without compromising on period integrity. Just two blocks from Church Street in the heart of Brighton, this is privileged Bayside living in a special home alive with personality.
Free-standing and free-flowing, the turn-of-the-century charm is on full display from street level. Picture perfect behind a white picket fence and timber verandah, discover a traditional arched hallway entry under towering ceilings with original Baltic pine flooring underfoot. Two of the bedrooms are zoned to the front of the home, generous in scope and serviced by built-in robes and ornamental open fireplaces.
Renovate, elevate and extend if so desired (STCA), enjoy a central living and dining area with heating and cooling, a dual-sided kitchen, a sparkling bathroom with shower over bath, a large laundry, and a versatile third bedroom/study with French doors accessing perimeter of the property.
Step outside to a peaceful paved courtyard, basking in the northern light. Anchored by a majestic Maidenhair (Ginkgo Biloba) tree, this special entertaining space is also a perfectly private spot for a growing family, underpinned by off-street parking capability with a right-of-way bluestone laneway perimeter.
Key details authentic to this lovingly preserved period home include elaborate timber fretwork, exquisite leadlighting, artfully applied ceiling roses, three ornate fireplaces, dado panelling, and a handsome bullnose verandah.
The convenient address sells itself. Moments from Middle Brighton train station and Church Street’s specialty shopping and cafes, enjoy easy access to Melbourne’s leading schools, dog-friendly William Street Reserve, and the spectacular local foreshore. Inspect today!
At a glance...
* 3 large bedrooms, 2 with BIR/mirrored BIR
* Third bedroom with French door access to perimeter of property
* Spacious living and dining
* Gleaming, dual-sided kitchen with gas cooking
* Sparkling bathroom with shower over bath
* Large laundry
* North-facing, paved courtyard with off-street parking capacity from a wide bluestone laneway
* Gas heating and split-system heating/cooling
* Roller blinds and shutter in the main bedroom
* Kitchen and citrus garden
* Period features include a bullnose verandah, arched hallway with timber fretwork, high ceilings, ornate open fireplaces, ceiling roses, exquisite leadlighting and original Baltic pine flooring
* Moments from schools, transport, shopping, parkland, restaurants, cafes and the beach
Property Code: 1394
Last updated: 11:06AM on Oct 15th 2019