House for sale
1 Victor Island,
5 3 0
Your very own island in tropical North Queensland for the price of a Sydney home – We invite all comparisonsThere are many beautiful islands in the Whitsundays and the Coral Coast area of Queensland, but what sets Victor Island apart from the rest is that you can come ashore and literally drop your bags and start enjoying the lifestyle from that moment onwards.
There are no renovations or repairs to be done. There is no infrastructure to create or equipment and furnishings to buy. All that work has been done and virtually all the equipment on the island is still under warranty.
The high-end renovation included a four-bedroom, two-bathroom home with king and queen ensembles, unique retractable blade ceiling fans in the bedrooms and air-conditioning to the master.
There is a fully renovated self-contained caretaker's cottage, which includes a new kitchen and bathroom, making an ideal base from which to operate the licensed 'Bed & Breakfast' from the main house, if desired.
Sitting on the private white sandy beach you can see whales, dolphins and turtles, which sometimes nest on the beach. Some of the best fishing in Queensland can be had here including red emperor and barramundi, while oysters grow wild on the rocks, so you can go down there and chisel them off and throw them on the camp fire for dinner.
There are many walking trails that wind their way throughout the island, plus plenty of birdlife to enjoy as well.
South of Mackay, Victor Island is less than two kilometres from the mainland and you can get there from a number of boat ramps including Grasstree Beach, Campwin Beach and Hay Point.
- Victor Island generates its own power via a comprehensive new solar electricity system that has a back-up generator
- Ten rainwater tanks service the property and there is a 100sqm freshwater dam, ideal for swimming
- A massive Haiku ceiling fan made from aircraft grade aluminium cools the living area
- The impressive kitchen comprises stone benchtops and stainless-steel appliances
- A 75-inch Smart TV is connected to the NBN network, giving access to Foxtel and Netflix, and there is 4G and WiFi available
- Also included: John Deere 4WD tractor with bucket and a zero-turn lawn mower (both less than 12 months old), make light of yard work
- The island is also being sold with a new Quintrex 610 hardtop Trident boat with a 150hp Mercury outboard, plus alloy trailer, along with a variety of tools and equipment
Last updated: 12:42PM on Aug 17th 2017