House for sale
10 Central Avenue,
4 2 2
Kilkerran HouseSteeped in over a hundred years of history, 10 Central Avenue Swanbourne perfectly embodies the Federation Queen Anne style. Known as the Kilkerran', this architectural wonder was named after the area in Scotland from which the Shenton family originated. As a member of one of the original families who dominated the Swan River Colony, Ernest Chawner Shenton himself resided in this charming property built for himself and his family.
As it resounds, there is much to love about this gorgeous home. From its four sizeable bedrooms to its generous living areas, this is an ideal nest to raise the entire family. Surrounded by greenery, you are immediately welcomed in by the beautiful stained-glass front door, large front porch and baby blue brick exterior.
Perhaps the most eye-catching feature is the elegant belvedere sitting atop the sunroom and floor-length windows. In fact, the interior is equally as stunning as the home's facade. Illuminated by natural light, you'll be delighted to find the spacious kitchen overlooking the tiled living area and fitted with white cabinetry. There is plenty of space to sharpen your culinary skills with the extensive countertops and double oven recess at your fingertips. Entertain indoors, or why not take advantage of the lush surrounding garden for those exquisite dinner parties!
In addition to the beauty of its design, this idyllic family home with north facing living presents a magnificent location. While the esteemed Scotch College is a short walk down the road, other renowned schools such as Methodist Ladies' College and Christ Church Grammar School are simply a short drive away. For when the weekend is near, you can enjoy the pleasantries of Swanbourne with beautiful beaches nearby and artisanal cafes in the vicinity.
• 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 5th Bed/Study
• Baby blue brick exterior
• Front door stained glass panels
• Dual living areas and sunroom
• Accompanying fireplaces
• Kitchen featuring double oven recess, vent hood and tiled splashback
• Spacious bedrooms throughout
• Zincalume roof with half-timbered roughcast gables
• Wooden floors
• Pyramidal roofed belvedere
• Spacious front porch and with timber features
• Short stroll to Scotch College and array of local cafes
• 350m to Swanbourne train station
• 1.5km to Lake Claremont Golf Course
• Close to numerous parks and reserves including Swanbourne Reserve
• 5-minute drive to Swanbourne Beach and Lake Claremont
• Convenient public transport along Shenton Road
• 10km to the Perth CBD
Last updated: 10:19AM on Mar 24th 2019