105 Wilson Street,
Victorian Integrity with Wide Contemporary Appeal on Large BlockOverflowing with singular charm and personality, this distinctive Hawthorn brick Victorian has been faithfully restored and significantly renovated with relaxed entertaining spaces and integrity at the forefront. Set on an impressive 1125sqm parcel of land (approx.) with traditional bluestone and wrought-iron entry, walk to Bayside’s leading schools and Church Street’s rail and retail.
The home immediately makes a strong statement with a broad, arched hallway branching out to a formal lounge. Set under soaring ceilings, this relaxed space features a marble-encased open fireplace and delightful bay windows framing the room. All 5 bedrooms are zoned towards the front with plenty of room for sleep, storage and study. One of the bedrooms is currently being used as a library/home office, while the oversized main bedroom boasts a concealed dressing room, striking ensuite and French-door access to an inviting terrace.
Wide-reaching open-plan living and dining displays unrivalled space and natural light under a parade of skylights, flowing through to an entertainers’ kitchen, enhanced by a stone-topped island bench and high-end Gaggenau and Miele appliances. A wonderfully sunlit formal dining room neatly flows through to a paved terrace running alongside the home.
Perfect for large-scale entertaining through to smaller informal gatherings, step outside to a sweeping alfresco with a remote-controlled awning providing shelter and shade. Further afield, an enticing swimming pool is hemmed by more paved terrace, and north-facing gardens are anchored by stately oak and ficus trees. There is a genuine warmth at play here, both welcoming and family-friendly.
Comprehensive features of this character-rich property include a family bathroom highlighted by a bath and twin vanity, powder room, study alcove with built-in desk, attic storage space, a large sub-floor wine cellar, separate laundry, powder room, a double remote-controlled garage plus additional driveway parking, auto-gated entry and extensive heating/cooling.
The home offers the full complement of period features including original Baltic Pine flooring, Hawthorn brick, decorative cornices, arched and bay windows, bluestone foundations, wrought-iron lacework, leadlighting, slate roof, front bullnose verandah with tessellated tiling, a pair of marble-framed open fireplaces and exquisite ceiling roses.
Offering classically refined Brighton living, moments from the white-picketed William Street Reserve, Church Street’s boutique shopping and dining, and within easy reach of the local foreshore, inspect with confidence today.
* 5 large bedrooms, or 4 plus study/home office, main with dressing room and stunning ensuite, 3 with BIR
* Wide-reaching, skylit open-plan living and dining with study nook/built-in desk
* Formal lounge with open fireplace and bay windows
* Formal dining with French-door terrace access
* Stylish kitchen with stone benchtops and top-of-the-range Miele and Gaggenau appliances
* Mirror-walled family bathroom featuring a bath, oversized shower and twin vanity
* Powder room
* Large laundry with stone benches and storage
* Carpeted wine cellar, currently working as a children’s retreat
* Attic storage
* North-facing terrace, perfect for dining, lounging and entertaining under remote-controlled awning
* Solar-heated swimming pool with adjoining terrace
* Established grounds anchored by imposing oak, pin oak and ficus trees
* 25,000 litre underground water tank
* Soothing water fountain/pond
* Extensive Victorian period features include decorative cornices and soaring ceilings, original Baltic Pine flooring, leadlighting, ornate marble-framed open fireplaces, exquisite ceiling roses, slate roof, front bullnose wrought-iron verandah with tessellated tiling, lacework and delightful Hawthorn brick
* Roman blinds throughout
* Double remote-controlled garage with GarageSmart storage solutions
* Automatic gated entry
* 3-phase power
* Hydronic heating and air conditioning
* Moments from schools, transport, shopping, parkland and the beach
Property Code: 1118