House for sale
11 Barkly Crescent,
3 2 5
Classic Oakley and Parkes on divine elevated 1880m2 hedged land holdingAt the top of Forrest, nestled behind meandering hedges, 11 Barkly Crescent is a classic Oakley and Parkes residence that has been spaciously improved through the years. The rare privacy from the street and from neighbours enables unfettered use of the lawns and French doors to terraces and the wonderful garden.
An elevated leafy section, with ideal northern aspect to the rear and a position within Forrest which can only be described as idyllic, enjoy a quiet lifestyle close to prime schooling options, with proven capital appreciation and abundant further potential.
An ornate hand carved oversized door opens into a generous tiled entry foyer and flows to a formal lounge complete with wood-burning fireplace. All living areas and the kitchen enjoy the rear northern aspect, whilst oversized windows bring garden views in, along with the sun. French doors spill the family room and main lounge room out onto protected paved terraces, while the Family room also integrates well into the kitchen.
Outstanding proportions throughout, all bedrooms are gracious with excellent storage and dual windows, towering ceilings and well considered placement to afford privacy to the master. Aesthetic improvements will add significant value, or perhaps a more substantial extension may be your preference, to modernise this lovely old home to meet your family requirements. A more peaceful position in the Inner South you will not find, in this increasingly sought after oasis of gracious garden blocks.
• Attached four car garage plus ample additional off street parking, water tank and irrigation system for the garden
• Solar panels, high ceilings, double brick construction with terracotta roof tiles, back to base alarm system
• Ducted Gas and economical electric heating options, air conditioning/reverse cycle in key rooms
• Richly planted gardens, with bountifully fruiting peaches, cherries, greengages, pears and many flowering shrubs, great hedges for privacy, meandering lawns
• Beautiful original hardwood internal doors and door furniture, French doors leading into the garden, excellent study positioned just by the front door
• Peaceful elevated position, above National Circuit, perfectly hidden from the street and surrounded by high quality homes
• Plenty of space for expansion with (usable) DA approved extension plans showing possible extension options, 2018 UCV $1,765,000
Last updated: 10:23AM on Oct 16th 2018