Rural for sale
1113 Pilton Valley Road,
Upper Pilton, QLD
3 2 5
Expressions of interest
'Riversleigh'- Once in a Lifetime Opportunity in the Pilton ValleyA rare opportunity to secure a unique cattle and cropping property in the highly sought after Pilton Valley on the Darling Downs.
Featuring the original Federation Queenslander, this 321 hectare property boasts prime black soil cultivation, soft grazing country and stunning views. This property has been tightly held in the same family for over 120 years.
Current owners run a cattle breeding program that consistently produces high quality stock for the feeder market. The property is highly flexible and is currently a cattle / forage enterprise, but has been a successful mixed farming (cattle / grain) operation in the recent past.
Riversleigh is a once in a lifetime opportunity to own a profitable and highly productive agricultural enterprise in the Eastern Darling Downs. Just 45 minutes to Toowoomba, 50 minutes to Wellcamp Airport, 45 minutes to Warwick, 45 minutes to Gatton and 2 hours to Brisbane, this property offers convenience, privacy and income all in one.
• Approximately 280 acres of cultivation ranging from prime black soil flats to black basalt soils Approximately 50 acres is currently in forage oats, 70 acres in forage sorghum, and another 160 acres prepared for winter cropping.
• Grazing country is well grassed with kikuyu, paspalum and clovers with natural grasses running into the hills.
• Numerous fully fenced paddocks with troughs, enabling easy rotation of stock.
• Good boundary fencing and solid internal fencing.
• Timber cattle yards (including a round yard) with vet crush and loading ramp.
• Separate netting fenced yard for sheep.
• 20m x 10m machinery shed.
• Modern 4 bay garage with workshop and power.
• Underground power to house and sheds.
• 2 x 55 tonne silos with aeration.
• Water security is a high priority for the current owners and they have developed a very reliable and easy to maintain system that gravity feeds to the various troughs and tanks around the property.
• Three bores, one fully equipped with a solar pump, proven to be very reliable. The bore water is of a very high quality.
• Easement to Kings Creek for stock water, fully eqipped with new 50mm poly pipe and pump.
• Dam and waterhole.
• Gully with permanent waterholes.
• 6 x poly / tin tanks at various locations to ensure water to all paddocks.
• 10 x cattle troughs.
• Original Queenslander built in 1902. Immaculately maintained and 95% renovated.
• Period features too numerous to mention, but including double open fireplace, large sash windows and solid cedar doors, fireplaces, architraves and surrounds. Beautiful hardwood and hoop pine flooring throughout. The house has been recently painted inside and out, is structurally very solid and is in immaculate condition.
• Current layout is 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms with two large living areas. This can easily be converted to 4 bedrooms and one living area.
• Main bedroom has an ensuite and walk-in-robe.
• Recently renovated kitchen and eating area with modern appliances (Falcon double electric oven and 6 gas burner, Miele dishwasher). Opens to a very generous paved outdoor area with a 7m x 4m above ground swimming pool (optional with sale).
• Newly renovated large family bathroom with a bath, over-sized shower, a double vanity with ample storage, a heated towel rack and heat lamps.
• Recent window coverings with blinds and curtains throughout the home.
• Built in wood combustion heater in main living area with fan.
• 2 x reverse cycle air conditioners.
• Ceiling fans in living rooms and kitchen.
• Gas cooking and hot water.
• Open verandas on two sides with stunning views.
• Fully fenced house yard. Fully fenced vegetable garden, rustic and fully functional chook pen and dog kennels. Wood heap and fire pit.
• 4 x 5000-gallon rainwater tanks. Bore water also piped into garden and house (if required).
• Easy to maintain established gardens and lawn.
• Second dwelling site with power, poly rainwater tank, plumbing and septic connections. Perfect for guest accommodation or Airbnb.
Riversleigh is a quality property located in the highly desirable Pilton Valley. It offers great position to livestock and grain markets and good rainfall, with a comfortable and private lifestyle. Please call for an inspection.
Last updated: 02:04PM on Mar 12th 2018