118 Cochrane Street,
“Linwood” (Circa 1912) Edwardian Elegance, Contemporary ClassStriking the perfect balance between Edwardian elegance and modern magnificence, this 4 bedroom plus study indoor/outdoor entertainer boasts a consistent combination of stately period features and stunning contemporary living spaces.
A recent renovation project driven by quality and excellence has transformed “Linwood” (circa 1912), and there’s a genuine feeling of warmth in the sun-filled, shared spaces. Upon classical verandah entry with original hardwood flooring underfoot, discover an instantly inviting hallway branching off to a versatile formal living room, effortlessly attracting natural light with soaring ceilings overhead.
A sparkling Miele kitchen will inspire thoughts of entertaining with prominently placed concertina windows neatly separating the kitchen’s luxe Caesarstone bench and a sheltered, bluestone-paved alfresco. Blurring the line between the internal and external, this triumph of high-end scale and innovation services both indoor and outdoor living and entertaining areas, seamlessly connecting for lazy lattes and chilled beverages all day long in the northern sun.
Clearly designed to enhance circulation between indoors and out, a supremely sunlit open-plan living and dining area seamlessly connects with the privacy of the entire block through a parade of sleek bi-fold doors. Entertaining will become second nature with a sleek, app-controlled swimming pool and spa, relaxed sun deck and private bench seating. This immaculate space was designed by award winners Lisa Ellis Gardens.
A palatial main bedroom is serviced by a wall of walk-in robes and a striking, fully tiled ensuite with stone-topped vanity. Two further downstairs bedrooms are both robed and more than generous in size complemented by a sumptuous family bathroom with bath and separate WC. Head upstairs via a feature staircase to a superbly skylit attic-style bedroom and a study with the versatility to work as a fifth bedroom.
In a house alive with style and personality, comprehensive period features include decorative skirting and cornices, elaborate leadlight windows, a number of ornate open fireplaces, intricate ceiling roses, and roof gargoyles and turrets. Enjoy climate-controlled heating and cooling, gas open fireplace, secure alarm and tank-watered landscaped gardens.
Moments from Martin Street Village’s boutique shopping and cafes, Gardenvale Station, Elsternwick Primary School and the lush greenery of Kamesburgh Gardens and Elsternwick Park with easy access to Brighton and Elwood beaches, inspect with certainty today.
* 4 large bedrooms with BIR, palatial main with stunning, fully tiled ensuite
* Upstairs study with built-in cabinetry or option to use as a 5th bedroom
* Spacious and skylit open-plan living and dining with gas fireplace and variable ceiling height creating depth and natural light
* Versatile formal living room
* Sparkling Caesarstone-topped kitchen with Miele oven/microwave and cooktop, Asko dishwasher and integrated Fisher and Paykel fridge/freezer
* Luxurious family bathroom with sumptuous bath and stone-topped vanity
* Separate WC
* Sheltered north-facing alfresco on bluestone-paved terrace with motorised skylight shutters
* Landscaped, low-maintenance garden with relaxing sundeck and bench seating
* Ample storage solutions including under stairs
* Cleverly concealed full-size laundry with integrated cabinetry
* Fully automated, app-controlled gas and solar heated swimming pool and spa with in-floor cleaning, lighting and entertainers’ bluestone terrace
* Off-street parking
* Secure alarm system
* Temperature-controlled hydronic heating and ducted evaporative cooling
* Holland blinds and plantation shutters
* Original hardwood flooring and plush carpeting
* LAN-cabled throughout
* Moments from schools, transport, shopping, parkland and beach
* Existing fitted & wired surround sound speakers
* Water tank
Property Code: 1018