House for sale
120 Barhams Road,
4 2 2
SUPERB RURAL LIFESTYLE PROPERTY - 21 ACRES WITH PANORAMIC VIEWSJust 10 minutes from both Daylesford and Trentham, and an easy 90 minute drive to Melbourne CBD, this superbly versatile rural property includes among its many features a groundwater licence for 100,000 litres per day (domestic & stock water use).
Sited at the pinnacle of Dolphins Hill, Bullarto, a wildlife corridor district renowned for its rich volcanic soil, pristine and organic environment, this remarkable property features an architect-designed energy efficient residence nestled into the hillside and showcasing panoramic views over the Central Highlands.
Surrounded by low maintenance bird-attracting gardens, the home features flexible open plan living suited to indoor-outdoor use all year round while a separate apartment with its own entry would suit additional family quarters or income-producing accommodation.
• 21 acres (approx) of rich volcanic soil adjoining Wombat State Forest and with creek at rear boundary.
• Pesticide free for 25 years. Elevation approx 800 metres
• Abundant water – 90m groundwater bore (licensed 0.1 megalitre/100,000 litres per day) provides pure spring water for all household, domestic & stock use plus 10,000 gallons of rainwater storage
• Spacious open plan living-dining-kitchen with timber lined cathedral ceiling and picture windows framing spectacular views
• 4-5 bedrooms including generously proportioned apartment and large upstairs living/office/5th bedroom
• Master bedroom with direct access to private courtyard has walk-in robe and ensuite
• Family bathroom with bath, separate shower. Large laundry and storage cupboards
• Sheltered courtyard with tranquil pond and patio with vine-covered pergola on northern side, wide undercover deck on east
• Architect-designed residence by Eric Zehrung of Green Point Design, Sustainable Architect and Certified Passive House Designer
• Built on passive-solar principles providing low household running costs
• Mains power connected. Wood heater with in-line heat exchange system. Mudbrick central walls act as heat mass
Last updated: 07:48PM on Jul 23rd 2018