House for sale
121 Mad Mile Track,
Browns Beach, SA
6 2 2
Refer to Agent
Unequivocally the premier beach-front property of South Australia.*** Expressions of Interest Close 12pm Wednesday 3rd April ***
Kangaroo Island, off the coast of South Australia is world-renowned for its natural, rugged beauty, pristine beaches, fishing and wildlife.
ROCKY POINT, on Kangaroo Island is without peer. The centre piece of this iconic property is the breathtakingly beautiful location that takes in views that will leave you in awe. Positioned like a majestic sentinel, ROCKY POINT dissects 7 kilometers of stunning white beach, and is wrapped within the arms of Kangaroo Island's prime north facing bay, called Eastern Cove. The bay just also happens to be its most protected, making it ideal for a world of sunny sport.
The real privilege here is the complete luxury of unspoilt privacy with space in profusion. Surely a rarity in this busy world and away from the madding crowds.
Entertaining options are only limited by your imagination, with pavilion–style living, beautifully wide verandahs, and intimate interiors that are elegant but relaxed.
Planning consent for further extensions has been granted, affording a potential buyer with further levels of sophisticated luxury to rival anything out there for the most discerning of guests. The property is ideal for all manner of uses, including the potential as a luxury tourist retreat of the highest calibre.
• A 1.75hr (approx.) drive from Adelaide to Cape Jervis for the 45 minute Ferry ride from the mainland or access via plane or helicopter
• The property has an extremely rare 365 metres (approximately) of beach and cliff top frontage, right down to the "Mean High Water Mark"
• Area: 5.21 Hectares approximately (12.87 Acres)
• Prime north facing house orientation
• The limestone house was built in 1908, and is built of predominantly locally sourced limestone
• 6 bedrooms
• Living, dining plus modern kitchen taking in an abundance of natural light
• 2 bathrooms
• Large storage areas including huge storeroom cupboards, sheds and undercroft
• 2 cellars
• Garaging for 2 cars
• Large boat shed for 2 + boats and rare beachfront boathouse plus offshore mooring
Names like John Olsen, Arthur Boyd and Sir Russell Drysdale, and writers of the ilk of Patrick White, Alan Moorehead, David Malouf and Robert Hughes have left profound words in the visitors' books, which reads like a who's who of Australian cultural life over many decades.
Many a Vice Regal party often stayed, with many locals referring to the house as "Government House".
Even Princess Diana's father, The Earl of Spencer has stayed.
Intending Purchasers acknowledge that the Vendor:
1. makes no representations and offers no undertakings in issuing this Expression of Interest ("EOI");
2. for the purpose of the EOI will not consider any offers at or below $5m;
3. is not bound to accept the highest Offer or required to accept any Offer;
4. may require one or more Intending Purchasers (but is not obliged to require all) to supply further information and/or attend a meeting for that purpose;
5. may undertake "due diligence" checks on any Intending Purchasers, including verifying references;
6. will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by any Intending Purchaser arising in any way from the preparation and submission of its EOI or the costs of inspecting the property or having any due diligence or valuations done in relation to the property;
7. accepts no responsibility for an Intending Purchaser misunderstanding or failing to respond correctly to this EOI; and
8. will not be bound by any verbal advice given or information furnished by any member, officer or agent of the Vendor, Klemich Real Estate Pty Ltd in respect of the EOI.
Offers to be submitted in writing to Klemich Real Estate Kent Town by 12pm Wednesday 3rd April 2019. Offers of less than $5,000,000 will not be received.
The figure of $5,000,000 is not intended to constitute the vendor's reserve price (which may be significantly higher than that figure) or any representation warranty or advice as to the market value of the property or likely sale price. This property is unique, and has not been sold on market for in excess of 100 years, thus the vendor and selling agent are not able to make any such representation.
The figure expressed herein is merely provided to delineate a point below which offers will not be received. It is expected that the successful purchaser will be prepared to offer significantly in excess of this to secure this opportunity.
Last updated: 10:31AM on Mar 19th 2019