Rural for sale
12311 South Western Highway,
4 2 2
SHENFIELD 1471 ACRESTake a look at this home lot of 278 Acres with historic homestead, pivot irrigation with 1192 Acre adjoining. The whole farm has astounding views & agricultural capabilities. 3 lots to choose from. (527 & 664 & 278 Acres) a total of 595.38 ha (or 1471 acres).
A remarkable block of quality farmland uniquely set in the heart of the food bowl of the South West region of Western Australia. On offer is a substantial 3 lot location made up of; As a whole 595.38 ha with historic homestead, 2nd house, rich loam soils, 65 ha Pivot irrigation, 499 meg water licence, 8 dams and multiple streams and springs. There are 2 sets of yards plus sheds. Currently grazing mostly Angus breeding cattle and hay crops and some dairy agistement largely all run by the single husband and wife team. The option of lease back options is on offer. Farm lease for grazing is in extremely high demand in the current market.
The main homestead lot 12311 SW Highway is 112.6509 ha or 278 Acres, making the total size available 595.38 ha or 1471 Acres.
123 SW HIGHWAY BENGER & LOT 50 SANDALWOOD ROAD 482 HA
The main vacant grazing farm we will refer to as Lot 123 South West highway Benger WA 6223. These two lots are Lot 123 SW Highway with the additional Lot 50 Sandalwood Rd 482.7373 Ha with shed yards laneway and dams.
Situated less than 10 minutes' drive from Harvey or Brunswick and close the Wokalup Research station and Harvey Agricultural collage, this historic farming property has been in the same family since 1893 and taken up early by the owner's forefathers. The fertility of the rich loam soils and relatively gentle undulating west facing land is suitable for almost any agricultural pursuits including horticulture, grazing or intensive aquiculture.
The farm as a whole Features:
- The soils are all heavy loam, undulating mostly gentler slopes and fertile valleys,
- 8 dams some spring fed, with scope to excavate some serious water storage.
- Some of the best farmland in the region suitable for grazing and horticulture.
- Good heavy duty undercover steel yards and rainwater tank situated off Sandalwood Rd.
- 28m x 12m open front Hay Shed with 365,000 litre rainwater tank all in pretty new condition.
- Access to Harvey Water irrigation pipeline running across the Western Border of 123 SW Highway. (Water licence will be required).
- Shire Rates annually $5000 approx.
- Gravel Constructed central laneway feeds 25 paddocks.
- Mostly Private and secluded with back road entry to Shed and Yards end of the farm.
- Awesome elevated real estate with views to the ocean in the distance.
- 1.5 hours south from Perth, situated 10 kms between Harvey and Brunswick and 35 kms from Bunbury.
- 990 mm Annual Rainfall. 17 kms form the coast direct line mean reliable rainfall.
- Some remnant Jarrah and Red Gum vegetation, pockets of Wandoo and Blackbutt
- Mostly clover and Rye grass pasture running up to 500 head or cattle on this part of the farm.
Astounding agricultural capabilities and good real estate value being front of scarp on two titles set at a realistic price.
HOMESTEAD LOT 278 ACRES
Irrigation lot 400 (12311 SW Highway) 278 acres or 112.665 ha.
- Main Residence: 4 bed 2 bath original homestead built by the same family in 1894 (renovated)
- 2nd Residence. Older style 3 bed fibro house situated near the entrance of Lot 12311
- Harvey Water Licence 499 meg plus dams and Clean Fresh water well plus rainwater tanks.
- 2 x 465 m long Pivot irrigation sprinklers, (65 ha or 160 acres approx)
- Main Yards Complex steel undercover crush and race with Power
- Main General-Purpose Shed
- Collection of 3 x Workshop and hay sheds. With Solar Panels.
- Rates annual $12,000 approx, Water Rates $30,000 includes usage p/a.
- Produces 250 Rolls of Sorghum and 760 Rolls of pasture hay.
- Dressage Arena and day yards for Equine enterprise
- Currently Grazing 200 head of cattle plus stock horses
The two additional farms make the total area 1471 acres all run by one person with easy care management via the central laneway and double yards complex at either end of the farm.
Available as a whole or as separate lots upon negotiation. Inspection by appointment only.
Last updated: 07:03PM on Aug 13th 2018