Rural for sale
125 Lucas Road,
4 1 2
$1,600,000 - $1,700,000
LARGE ACREAGE - EX DAIRY - GOOD SOIL - APPROXIMATELY 2KM RIVER FRONTAGE - POTENTIAL FOR FARMSTAY / PLATYPUS VIEWINGPhone enquiries - please quote property ID 20965
On offer is 300 acres with approx. 2km of river frontage on the northern boundary, providing large irrigation water (700 mega litres per annum), using electricity and gravity to irrigate approximately 90 acres of alluvial river flats, plus higher ground. Also, fill storage dam for later gravity irrigation. All via underground mains. Highly fertile river flats have been used to grow cash crops including potatoes, peas, beans, sweet corn, broccoli, poppies, grains, lucerne, plus fodder crops and pasture.
Location is private, but not isolated on a major tourist route, close to Ashgrove Cheese Factory, and Sheffield (town of Murals) en route from Launceston Airport to Cradle Mountain.
The large homestead, plus separate cottage, make an excellent opportunity to provide farm stay accommodation, as well as a profitable farming operation. Farm stay can offer private river frontage for trout fishing / swimming / canoeing / platypus watching. Bush walking or mountain biking amongst native bushland and some geological attractions, rocky cliff faces and small caves nearby.
* Ex dairy farm, could be re-commissioned
* On school bus route
* Presently running 260 cattle
* 2km to the warm springs
* 4km to the Villaret Restaurant
* 11km to Sheffield
* Adjacent horseriding tours
* 35km to Devonport Airport or the Spirit of Tasmania Terminal
* Views to Mount Roland and other mountains
* On-site Alluvial Gold and fossils on the hillside
* Three different sites for in-stream turbines identified. Could be used for mini-hydro or pump hydro using the existing pipeline to dam (330ft head). Renewable
* Serviced by internal roadways
* Reticulated water to all paddocks (approximately 40)
* Barns and stockyards, storage sheds and machinery sheds (power to some sheds)
* 2 dams (one large and one small) plus natural springs
* Adequately fenced for sheep and cattle
Property is undergoing boundary changes to accommodate the 300 acres.
Last updated: 05:49AM on Jun 7th 2019