House for sale
126 Merrit Loop,
4 2 2
Country Living at its very best!This stunning home has everything you need for country living, positioned on a 5.5 acre block and only 20 minutes from the city and 10 minutes to Cockburn train/bus station and Gateway shopping centre. With all the modern conveniences of easy living and in a picture perfect landscape, you will never want to leave the comfort of home.
First impressions of this country estate are warm and homely, from the wooden veranda with limestone surround, through the double front doors to the rich Sydney Bluegum flooring which invites you through this beautifully presented home. The Grand room to your right has plenty of natural light from the french doors which lead out onto the veranda and on the left is a large study, which could easily transform into the 5th bedroom if required.
The open plan living at the rear of the property has an impressively large area for kitchen, dining and lounge with lofty 9ft ceilings and includes the added extra of a sunroom, with open fire place overlooking the manicured gardens. The perfect place to enjoy a lazy morning coffee or to entertain friends all year round.
The king size master suite which leads off the lounge area feels like its own resort, with a private undercover patio area surrounded by lush greenery, an oversized en-suite with double vanities, double shower, an enormous bath and plenty of storage in the walk-in-robe.
All minor bedrooms are located at the front of the house with room for a queen-sized bed and built-in-robes in each. Three of the rooms include ceiling fans and evaporative air-conditioning. There is also a study nook or play area located outside the bedrooms.
Outside the house is even more magic, with an American style barn shed (200sqm), that includes an extra high door and accommodates everyman's dream man-cave'. Styled like a set from Happy Days' this amazing space includes 60's style checker flooring, TV point and 3 phase power. With plenty of space to store the biggest boy- toys or undertake the most ambitious projects. It also leads onto a large undercover patio area ideal for entertaining.
Behind the shed is a huge irrigated orchard with every fruit tree imaginable; Avocados, Mangos, Peaches, Grapefuit, Mandarin, Plums and more. Plus a pathway that has been cleared through the bush, so that you can enjoy long walks, admiring the beautiful wildflowers or local wildlife which includes some very friendly Guinea fowl and a Peacock!
The manicured lawn surrounding the house is on bore reticulation for easy maintenance and there is enough space for a swimming pool and or a granny flat.
The long list of added extras that complement this house, confirms that all the hard work is done, all you need to do is move in and enjoy Country living, with city convenience, at its very best!
Inside the house
- Ducted zoned air-conditioning: 2 x big cassette refrigerated air-conditioning units in main living area, evaporative air-conditioning in the bedrooms (except one minor bedroom)
- Ceiling fans in all bedrooms except one minor bedroom.
- Alarm System for house and shed: Monitored with sim, sensors on all windows and doors.
- Kitchen: Stainless steel appliances, large oven and induction hob
- Gas wired into the house for optional cooking and heating.
- Wheelchair access to main bathroom and separate toilet.
- Connected to scheme water, with septic filtrex eco-system
- Storage in all rooms, including wall storage in laundry and big linen closet
Outside the house
- Genset plug and alternator to provide an alternative power source
- Solar panels 3.5kw
- Solar hot water system
- Fresh water tank 30,000ltrs
- 6 station bore reticulation to gardens
- Fresh water reticulation on flower beds surrounding the house
- 3 phase power in the shed and garage
- Large double garage at the front with automatic roller door
- Water feature at the front of the house
- Plans for a 2 bedroom( 70sqm) granny flat, that matches the style of the house
Optional equipment extras
- Zero turn ride-on lawn mower
- Quad bike with small trailer and boom spray to maintain firebreak
- Small tree mulcher
- Small tractor with rotor blade
- 20mins drive to the city
- 10mins drive to Cockburn train/bus station and Gateway shopping centre
- 12mins drive to Murdoch Hospital
Last updated: 06:24PM on Sep 23rd 2017