133 Bruce Street,
Cooks Hill, NSW
Beautifully Updated Victorian Terrace in Superb LocationJust a few steps from the leafy surrounds of Centennial Park and a short dash to the beach and Darby Street, this double brick Victorian terrace evokes classic Cooks Hill charm with its elegant period features and picturesque surrounds. A stylish transformation including a contemporary new kitchen and bathroom has created a superb family residence of excellent light, space and quality. Combining modern appeal and traditional sophistication, it’s perfectly complemented by a private rear courtyard haven for outdoor relaxation and entertaining.
Pretty window boxes, a wrought iron gate and tiled entrance cast a pleasing first impression and welcome you inside where all the traditional hallmarks of its c.1878 heritage are on display including a corbelled hallway arch, timber floors and lining boards and etched glass windows along with period fireplaces. Cleverly placed skylights and bi-fold doors and windows allow luminous natural light deep inside. Opened up for contemporary lifestyles, the formal lounge and dining areas flow past a laundry and separate powder room to the stone-topped kitchen and meals area offering a seamless connection to the courtyard and spa. Separating rest from play, three generously proportioned bedrooms enjoy the privacy of the upper level along with a sumptuous family bathroom where an eye-catching tile selection and shower over deep bath is a fabulous display of luxe design.
Beautifully appointed and in a gorgeous tree-lined street, this home offers both tranquillity and proximity with The Junction’s shops, eateries and schools just minutes away and Newcastle CBD in close reach.
- 3.4m ceilings soar under timber floors, quality new carpet and a warm neutral colour palette
- Plantation shutters and gas heating to living area
- New galley kitchen with stone benchtops, electric cooking and dishwasher
- Air-conditioning and built in robes to two of the three bedrooms
- Upper level balconies front and rear offer a quiet space to relax
- Pull down ladder to valuable attic storage
- Private rear courtyard with spa framed by bamboo
- Stroll to Darby Street and Newcastle’s buzzing entertainment scene
- Second toilet downstairs with vanity