House for sale
137 Forrest Street,
Peppermint Grove, WA
6 5 4
PALATIAL MASTERPIECEOne of the Grove's most exquisite homes, Chantry House, marries history with the luxuries of the modern world, with all the gracious looks of a heritage home it belies the fact it was built, from scratch, a mere 8 years ago.
Set on 1434m2 of prime soil within this affluent suburb's most highly sought after enclave, a short walk to the riverfront, with an eastern right of way for added privacy and access plus rear entry directly from Hurstford Close.
Built to exacting standards, On the ground level, there are vast light-filled living domains including the divine formal dining and lounge areas with regal-like quality, soaring elaborately decorated ceilings and walls with dentil and intricate ornamental detailing, antique chandeliers and exquisite drapes over tall windows and French doors.
Informal living space is aplenty too. An extensive family room and open plan kitchen/scullery and meals area adorned with chandeliers and fetching decorative features spills onto a shady decked portico. White cast iron lace work defines the aesthetic of this broad alfresco zone, made for lounges and a generous farmhouse style dining table.
The prestigious Clive Christian style kitchen has impeccable millwork cabinetry and details, multi-bevelled Carrara marble benchtops and splashbacks and an enormous island. Integrating a Bosch wall oven and steamer, multiple Villeroy + Boch ceramic sinks, freestanding Viking Professional cooktop and double oven plus every other high-end addition, in keeping with the calibre of the home. The practical scullery carries through the same quality, hosting additional appliances and a generous larder.
Below ground, you will find a giant rumpus room with brilliant walk-in storage options, plus a home theatre, with direct access to the backyard. A positively brilliant "break-out" space for children of all ages.
The first floor is dedicated to the sleeping quarters. The lavish Master Suite, in restful sage hues, with its crisp-white marble surround gas fireplace is beyond beautiful, drawing in northern light. Your finery will truly be organised within the Masters' dressing room and the sun-lit ensuite, complete with every bathing luxury imaginable, conjures holidays in Tuscany.
A discreet staircase links the Master to the home office complete with marble fireplace, bespoke pendant and soaring arched windows, this is another illustration of the magnificent embellishment present throughout this home.
Boasting 4 queen-sized secondary bedrooms, with excellent storage options and one with an ensuite and inter-connecting music room. Each room opens onto covered balcony areas with dreamy tree canopy views.
The home's 4.5 bathrooms are imbued with sophisticated charm, blending handmade vanities from Tuscany, cast-iron claw foot bathtubs, floor and towel rail heating with first-class fittings.
Grounds are heavily planted with mature ornamental pear trees and further enhanced by the large heated swimming pool, raised organic vegetable boxes, below-ground trampoline, carefully planted garden beds, climbing roses and deciduous creepers enshrouding the home.
Two excellent double garages, one Forrest Street side and the other, with a workshop, at the rear with excellent access of Hurstford Close completes the picture.
• Handmade wooden ebonised door knobs (Cornwall)
• Hand carved marble fireplace surrounds (Schots, Melbourne) (x4) with gas fire mechanism
• Antique pendants and chandeliers (Melbourne)
• Bespoke turned veranda posts (Melbourne)
• Internal ceiling moulding and cornices cast from (Palace Hotel and various famous National Trust homes)
• Front door knobs salvaged from LaSalle Hotel (Chicago)
• Unique stained glass pieces (Dublin)
• Hand-carved stair brackets (Indonesia)
• Imported door knobs and handles (England)
• Marble large format tiles, quality wool carpets and exquisite parquetry wooden floorboards
• Soaring ceilings on every level
• Automated solar and gas heated swimming pool
• Large, tiled lockable wine cellar
• Exceptional laundry, with marble benchtops and space for multiple washers and dryers
• Big carpeted attic with ensuite bathroom
• Sun-filled viewing tower with 9 x arched windows
• Kleenmaid dishwasher in kitchen and Smeg dishwasher in scullery
• Daikin reverse cycle air-conditioning (2 units, fully zoned)
• Heated floors in all tiled areas
• Rinnai temperature controlled gas hot water systems (x2)
• Intercom system throughout
• Kocom colour security monitors to front gates (x3)
• Laminated security glass
• Security system (multiple monitors)
• Key lockable windows
• Gardens fully reticulated
*Chattels depicted or described are not included in the sale unless specified in the Offer and Acceptance.
Last updated: 04:22PM on Jan 29th 2019