147 Joel Terrace,
Mount Lawley, WA
Exceptional Riverside Charm and Quality!Fastidiously true to its heritage past yet offering all of the essential conveniences expected in a modern family home, this gorgeous 4 bedroom 2 bathroom residence delivers an uncompromising blend of circa-1920s character and contemporary comfort just footsteps away from our picturesque Swan River and lush pathways leading through beautiful Banks Reserve, right up to the nearby Maylands Yacht Club.
A bold elevated statement from the road includes a Federation-style façade with a striking bull-nose verandah that keeps the property’s nostalgia of yesteryear firmly intact while also enjoying pleasant river glimpses and overlooking a securely-gated front yard in the process. Inside, a classic central passage is complemented by stunning leadlight entry features before revealing a spacious traditional formal lounge and dining room where soaring high decorative ceilings, feature cornices, skirting boards and trimmings and solid Jarrah timber floorboards warmly welcome you with the utmost of elegance.
Most of the aforementioned features are commonplace throughout a unique floor plan that is headlined by an exquisite chef’s kitchen where a stainless-steel five-burner Ilve gas cooktop/oven, a range hood of the same brand, an LG dishwasher, an appliance nook, double sinks, a water-filter tap and a stainless-steel splashback help separate the formal spaces from an adjacent open family and meals area where much of your casual time is sure to be spent. Full-height windows let plenty of natural light into this part of the house, with double doors seamlessly extending entertaining outside to a private rear patio area, alongside an elevated courtyard that bordered by manicured gardens.
The front fourth bedroom has a feature fireplace, benefits from a splendid river snapshot and can easily be converted into a home office if need be, but the pick of the sleeping quarters has to be the sublime back master suite, comprising of double doors for access to the courtyard, ample built-in wardrobe space and a spectacular fully-tiled ensuite bathroom with a shower, toilet and twin “his and hers” vanities. Completing this exemplary package is a large remote-controlled double garage with insulation, side and courtyard access and the bonus of vehicular access via a rear right-of-way lane.
Impressively renovated and extended to an exceptionally-high standard where quality finishes and fittings flawlessly combine with a practical layout, this very desirable home lends itself to families and professional couples seeking an iconic terrace location that just happens to find itself around the corner from the St John of God Mount Lawley Hospital, Mount Lawley Train Station and within a very close proximity of the Maylands Peninsula Public Golf Course, cafes, restaurants, shopping, entertainment hubs, top educational facilities, the Graham Farmer Freeway, the world-class Optus Stadium, the Crown Towers and Casino complexes at Burswood and our vibrant Perth CBD. Prepare to be enchanted!
Other features include, but are not limited to:
- Lovely front-yard outlook from the expansive formal lounge/dining room
- Open family and meals area with a gas bayonet
- Large 2nd and 3rd bedrooms (built-in robes to 2nd bedroom only)
- Quality fully-tiled main bathroom with a shower and bubbling spa bath
- Separate powder room
- Functional laundry with tiled splashbacks and ample storage options
- Classic character light switches and electrical sockets
- Daikin ducted reverse-cycle air-conditioning system
- Monitored security-alarm system
- Integrated sound system with built-in audio speakers to ceiling
- Audio-intercom system for front gate
- Gas hot-water system
- Lush reticulated lawns (front) and low-maintenance gardens
- 490sqm (approx.) block
- Two side-access gates
- Exclusive use of off-road parking bays for residents of Joel Terrace
- Stunningly surrounded by the popular food/shopping/entertainment precincts of Maylands, Mount Lawley, Highgate, Northbridge, East Perth and the city itself – what a location!
Property Code: 15711