Semi-rural Acreage for sale
149 Waterfall Creek Road,
Tallangatta Valley, VIC
6 3 4
Exceptional Lifestyle Property / Small Farm with Plentiful Permanent WaterPhone Code for this property is: 8932#
Perfect property and home for a wide range of interests. Horses, flying, hospitality, livestock production, off grid self-sufficiency, rural lifestyle living.
Moderate income currently coming from several sources - B&B business, Horse retirement/agistment business, Meat sheep. Stock agistment or leasing of paddocks also an excellent option.
• Stabilised rammed earth building
• North facing
• Solar passive house design
• 320 square metres plus carport
• 6 Generous Bedrooms (or use one as a study)
• Master bedroom with large walk in robe and en-suite
• 3 bathrooms – two with full sized baths
• 3 toilets
• 3 generous shower spaces
• Large semi commercial kitchen. Stainless steel benches, neutral colour scheme, Gas cooking, wood stove, ample cupboard space
• Solar and wood hot water heating - 2 x 400L systems
• Double glazed windows throughout
• Open plan living and dining area with floor to ceiling windows to capture the views
• Cathedral ceilings in living/dining area
• Large Conara wood heater in living room
• Ducted heated air to both bedroom wings from centre living area
• Wool carpet and quality tiles throughout
• Well-sealed and insulated
• NBN Satellite
• Landline phone connection
• Stand-alone (off grid) electricity system (micro-hydro & solar)
• 4 car carport
• Large woodshed – 2 years supply capacity
• Established gardens and mature deciduous trees
• Gravelled and edged driveways
• Large paved entertaining pergola area covered by ornamental grape vine
• Rock retaining walls in garden are feature pieces
• 146 acres/59.08 hectares
• 17 well fenced paddocks
• 8 paddocks fenced with deer fencing
• Electric fencing in some paddocks
• All paddocks, except 3, have stock troughs
• Pasture improvement using pasture cropping - ongoing
• 3 feed management and movement/paddock paradise horse track paddocks (part of total)
• 6 permanent spring dams (one stocked with Murray cod)
• 3 seasonal spring dams
• Permanent creek (with waterfall) running north-south full length of property
• 0.4 hectare orchard with 40+ fruit trees
• Large productive vegetable garden within the orchard
• Well established raspberry cane plot
• Chicken shed within fox proofed orchard, 24/7 roaming
• Undulating well drained land
• 1 fully enclosed animal handling shed with external yards
• 1 lock up machinery/aircraft hangar shed 30x40’ (40’ clear span)
• 1 large Shed/workshop with concrete floor and power
• Rodent proof tack/storage room
• Round yard for horses
• Extensive tree plots/shelter belts – mature and newly planted, throughout the property
• Ongoing weed control program
• Land for Wildlife property
• Protected remnant and riparian vegetation zones
• 400m graded grass airstrip and aircraft hangar
• Permanent never-fail spring fed dams, creek and well
• Waterfall in fern lined creek on the property!
• Property title owns the beds and banks of Waterfall Creek
• Excellent temperate growing climate with 1000mm average rainfall
• Deer boundary fencing (deters feral deer and kangaroos)
• Never pay an electricity, water or heating bill again
• Cooling evening katabatic summer breeze
• Lifetime supply of firewood on property
• Extensive birdlife and wildlife around house and throughout the property
• Amazing views from house and around the property
• Quiet, secluded location (1km from nearest neighbour)
• Located on “no through” road (only one other residence on our road)
• Property has been farmed organically for 23 years
• 38km to nearest town (Tallangatta) via sealed road – excellent schools, shops, cafes, library, swimming pool, medical facilities, fuel
• 80km to regional city (Albury-Wodonga) via sealed road – all city amenities
• Close to Lake Hume
• 1.5 hours to Falls Creek
• Close to school bus route
INCLUDED IN LISTED SALE PRICE
• Tractor – Massey Ferguson 165
• Honda 300 Quad
• Slasher – Behrends 5’
• 3pl forks
• MF Hay Rake
• Disc Plough
• Chisel Plough
• Pasture Harrows
• 3pl carry all
• Lincoln Tractorpak welder + spare
• New Holland 6’ sicklebar mower
• Sundry Machinery and tools
o Rover 5hp garden mulcher
o Victa utility lawnmower
o Husqvarna zero turn lawnmower
o 50L spray tank for quad
o Backpack 15L spray tank
o Husqvarna XP260 chainsaw
o Pressure washer 3200KPA petrol powered pressure washer
o 5HP Honda Compressor and hose reel
o Table saw
o Hoses and sprinklers
• 7x5 box trailer
• 6x4 box trailer
• 3x5 Gal quad tipping trailer with full cage
• Firefighting trailer 1000L with pump and hoses
• B&B furnishings for house (we are substantially down-sizing)
• B&B business and established website (if wanted)
NEGOTIABLE TO SELL WITH PROPERTY
• Sheep flock
• Chicken flock
• Horse Retirement Business
• Firewood in shed
CURRENT INCOME SOURCES
• Horse Retirement and Boarding Business (Negotiable to sell with property)
• Bed and Breakfast Business (Included with the property – your choice to continue or not, huge potential to expand this business)
• Small scale meat sheep production
• Potential to expand B&B business plus add self-contained cottages
• Potential to lease out some (or all) paddocks, or agist stock
Architect designed solar passive stabilised rammed earth home, fully double glazed and powered by a large stand-alone hybrid electricity system. 6 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, semi commercial kitchen with gas and wood stove. Stunning open plan living space with cathedral ceiling. Floor to ceiling windows. Spectacular views. Landscaped low maintenance gardens with many well-established trees. Undercover parking for four vehicles.
For the aviation minded, there is a 400 metre graded grass runway with 2% slope and a fully enclosed 40 x 30 foot hangar.
Water is THE big feature of this property. There is a permanent creek running the full length of the property (with a waterfall!) and is supplemented by several permanent productive spring fed dams. A permanent spring fed well with solar pump supplies domestic water. The creek water runs a micro-hydro generator and combined with a solar array, all the property electricity needs are met. A new set of 1200 ah batteries and a new Latronics inverter were installed 20.05.2019.
Firewood in abundance! Two wood heaters in the house provide winter warmth, and supplements to two 400 litre solar hot water systems.
The property features remnant and planted native vegetation corridors and shelter belts.
"Waterfall Creek" has been farmed organically for over 20 years using dolomite, RPR and composted chook manure for fertilizer. There are 17 well fenced paddocks, and an ongoing pasture improvement program. Most paddocks have stock troughs as well as dams.
Large orchard with 40+ fruit trees.
Excellent shedding, aircraft hangar and airstrip. Round yard for horse training, and several paddock paradise feed and movement tracks set up for horses.
This is a superb property and is priced to include much of the machinery used here - including a MF 165 tractor and a variety of suitable and useful implements.
MAGIC STUFF EXPANDED
A visitor once described ‘Waterfall Creek’ as “the place where God goes when in need of a rest”.
Quite a few features of the property and the home make it thus. The constant and soothing quiet, and the gentle sounds of Nature. The nearest neighbour is over one kilometre away.
The predominant sounds at Waterfall Creek include the breeze in the trees that surround the house, the chorus of a huge variety of birds who share the space with us and the frogs calling in the evenings from the dams, soaks and wetter areas on the property. The birds, frogs and platypus are a good indicator of an extremely healthy environment – and they give us quite a bit of enjoyment observing and sharing in their lives and antics.
Traffic noise is almost non-existent. We are located on a no-through road, with only one other property, and Tallangatta Creek Road, which itself has minimal traffic, is over a kilometre away.
Water. Water is life, and this property has an absolute abundance of it. ‘Waterfall Creek’ is a property that is truly blessed when it comes to water. The creek that runs the full length of the property is permanent and is supplied by a large bush catchment area and numerous permanent springs. That means the water is pure and sweet, and abundant. There are also spring fed dams scattered across the property that run clean, clear water continuously, even in drought. Some of these dams are stocked with native fish and trout, some are utilised to keep the gardens, orchard trees and lawns lush and green during the drier months and some are backup to the stock troughs that are located in several paddocks. As well as the above there are three other seasonal watercourses on the property that run for parts of the year.
The land title of Waterfall Creek owns the freehold of bed and banks of Waterfall Creek – which is quite a bonus.
Tallangatta Valley is one of the last places in the region to dry off during summer and one of the first places to turn green in autumn, it is quite an extraordinary little oasis. This is partly due to a reliable 1000mm average rainfall coupled with our elevation of four hundred metres (1200’). The property is also blessed by a summer (katabic) cooling breezes almost every evening. Our summer minimum night time temperatures are usually 15 – 18 degrees C. Our daytime maximum temperatures are typically 4 - 6 degrees C cooler than Albury-Wodonga.
The climate here lends itself to a long growing season for a wide and diverse range of fruit and vegetables – and to help this we have unlimited water, even in the driest summers.
The House. A great amount of attention to detail was applied in the design and construction of the house to make it warm in winter and cool in summer compared to the outside ambient temperature. The siting of the house takes full advantage of the views, the cooling evening summer breeze and creating privacy. The now sits amongst an arbour of well-established young but mature trees, which create beautiful cooling shade, shelter and beauty. Solar passive design, the thermal mass of stabilised rammed earth, double glazing throughout, ample insulation and attention to detail, aesthetics and quality fixtures and fittings with the building during construction all combine to make our home a delightful place to live in.
The home electricity supply is fully stand alone, but does not fall short of enjoying the comfort, benefit and convenience of modern-day living.
Equestrian. ‘Waterfall Creek’ is a place where horses thrive, and can live as horses were naturally meant to with large paddocks, plenty of dams, great natural shelter, healthy pastures and undulating terrain. There are three ‘paddock paradise’ tracks that can be used as stand-alone tracks or can be linked to encourage horses to move throughout the day and night.
Our pastures are predominantly low NSC (non-structural carbohydrate) grasses and we are renovating/reviving the paddocks using the principles of pasture cropping. The property could sustainably carry 20 – 25 horses. Currently we have 13 horses along with a flock of around 60 meat breed sheep. Hay is cut most years as a supplement feed source during winter. We buy in and store large round bales of hay when it is cost effective to do so as a way to continually bring nutrient onto to the property.
There is a large round yard used for horse training. There is a plethora of riding options within cooee of the property from the local rail trail along the shores of Lake Hume, to beautiful bush riding. A large vermin proof tack room is situated under cover in our main shed.
Aviation. North East Victoria and Southern NSW has to be some of the best flying country in Australia. The scenery is spectacular and the weather generally benign and predictable all year round. ‘Waterfall Creek’ has a 400 metre graded grass runway (with a 2% slope), a windsock and a fully enclosed 30’ x 40’ hangar. If aviation is your thing then the ultimate in convenience is to have these facilities at your front door. The strip (given suitably skilled pilots) is suitable for Cessnas up to 182, bush style aircraft, ultralights and microlights.
"WATERFALL CREEK", A SMALL SLICE OF PARADISE TUCKED AWAY IN A SECLUDED VALLEY
Last updated: 06:03PM on Sep 16th 2019