151 Marks Point Road,
Marks Point, NSW
ICONIC ‘SELBY COTTAGE'A treasured family holding for the past 34 years, the opportunity now exists to secure one of Lake Macquarie’s most Iconic and incredibly unique residences.
Enjoying a magnificent absolute waterfront position on one of Marks Point’s most coveted streets, this character filled home is accompanied by a timelessly elegant 1900s cottage capturing magical uninterrupted 180 degree northerly lake views.
- SELBY COTTAGE:
Walk down the magnificent garden path to the waterfront cottage and be absolutely blown away with a history-enriched “piece of paradise.”
Built in 1900 this former Miners Cottage has been transformed into one of the most award-winning and renowned getaways Lake Macquarie has ever seen.
* Original hardwood flooring
* Spacious bedroom with Hitachi air conditioner.
* Lounge room with its own entry to the lake’s edge and beautifully manicured gardens.
* Kitchen with original stove adjoining the dining area which opens out to a covered verandah perfect to take in the morning view with a warm coffee.
* Bathroom with claw foot bath, toilet, tiled flooring and splashback and frosted/tinted glass windows.
Described by guests as “absolutely enchanting”, “a very tranquil place”, “a piece of paradise by the lake”, “peaceful, relaxed, uncomplicated, delightful”. There are hundreds of reviews singing praises of this wonderful home.
- THE MAIN RESIDENCE:
Boasting an open, light filled and neutral design you can feel a world away and right at home instantly.
* Spacious living and dining area with tiled flooring and working fireplace flowing seamlessly out to an expansive entertainers deck taking in stunning water views.
* Kitchen with granite benchtops and splashback with Westinghouse oven and cooktop, dishlex dishwasher and appliance cupboard. Adjoining the dining area and with views out to the water allows you to still keep an eye on family and guests while preparing meals.
* 2 good sized bedrooms.
> The air conditioned master has its own ensuite, walk-in robe and private enclosed courtyard/retreat.
> 2nd bedroom could be used as a study or another living area with tiled flooring and easy access to the living area.
* 2 well equipped bathrooms.
> Main bathroom with tiled flooring and splashback, shower and toilet.
> Ensuite to the master bedroom with handmade Italian tiles, bath/shower combo and toilet.
* Internal laundry with ample storage space and wash tub.
The rumpus downstairs will provide many different options. Currently being utilised as a bedroom, living area, dining area and casual kitchen plus another bathroom. Perfect for the growing family, extended family, teenage retreat, home office or use your imagination – the options are endless!
- THE LOCATION:
There is an array of activities ranging from fishing, windsurfing, sailing, surfing and bike riding to bush walking available in the Lake Macquarie area.
Also situated just minutes away from Belmont Central, local beaches, shops, schools, parks, cafes, restaurants and easy access to the Pacific Highway straight to Sydney! This location really does have it all right at your fingertips.
The versatility of this entire package will offer buyers the opportunity to use as your own weekend getaway, family home, investment or continue to run Selby Cottage as the award winning and highly sought after accommodation venue that it is.
Imagine a life where time is measured by the ebb and flow of the tide, where traffic consists of racing yachts under full sail and where a morning walk is taken through the garden path down to the water’s edge to simply relax and enjoy the peace and tranquillity.
Experience a life less ordinary and book your inspection today. Inspection by appointment only.
All information provided (including but not limited to the property attributes, land area, floor size, price, address and general property description) on the Website is provided as a convenience to you, and may have been provided to Viking Realty by third parties. Information contained on the Website should not be relied upon and you should make your own enquiries and/or seek legal advice in respect of any property on the Website or the information about the property contained herein.
Property Code: 234