House for sale
17 Chelsea Street,
5 3 2
“Kooyong”( Circa 1890) Timeless Victorian Home in Splendid LocationMetres from the Middle Brighton foreshore in a peaceful cul-de-sac setting, “Kooyong” classically combines substantial space and contemporary style without compromising on strong period integrity.
Anchored by traditional bluestone foundations since 1890, this striking example of elegant Victorian architecture enjoys a commanding street presence behind Italianate-style, multi-coloured decorative brick and delicate wrought-iron lacework.
Discover a formal lounge, 5-6 large bedrooms under soaring ceilings, all zoned towards the front of the home with plenty of room for sleep, storage and study. Every element of this home leaves a lasting impression including a spacious vestibule underneath a stunning, stained-glass skylight, marking a clear delineation between living and resting quarters.
Filled with Victorian grandeur and meticulously renovated, sweeping open-plan living and dining displays unrivalled space, unbridled luxury and unbelievable beauty. A children’s play room has the versatility to be refashioned as a home cinema, while a lavish, fully-appointed kitchen is enhanced by high-end Neff, Ilve and Miele appliances, complemented by a luscious marble and Huon Pine island bench.
Step outside and enjoy a peaceful alfresco dining space under a skylit verandah. This special entertaining space privately overlooks north-facing, country-style gardens featuring rear laneway access. An upstairs home office boasts a handy separate entry and showcases sweeping, 360 degree neighbourhood views.
Comprehensive features of this character-rich property include a family bathroom highlighted by a marble-topped vanity, a main bedroom with roomy walk-in robes and striking ensuite, a pair of powder rooms, a large laundry with handy shower, storeroom with sub-floor cellar, a carport plus additional driveway parking, hydronic heating and reverse-cycle air conditioning.
Alive with personality, the home offers the full complement of period features including original Baltic Pine flooring, decorative cornices, stained glass, slate roof and decorative terracotta, front bullnose verandah with tessellated tiling, a number of marble-topped open fireplaces and exquisite ceiling roses.
Stroll to Firbank and Brighton Grammar, the Royal Brighton Yacht Club and Church Street’s boutique shopping and dining selections. Offering classically refined Brighton living in a superior location, inspect with confidence today.
- 5-6 large bedrooms, main with mirrored WIR and stunning en suite featuring marble-topped vanity
- Sweeping open-plan living and dining with gas-fuelled open fireplace
- Stylish kitchen with marble benchtops, top-of-the-range Neff oven, Ilve cooktop and Miele dishwasher
- Spacious and versatile playroom
- Luxurious family bathroom featuring a bath, period floor tiling, marble-topped vanity and separate WC
- Large laundry with separate WC and convenient shower
- Stately, light-filled vestibule
- Storeroom with cellar
- Upstairs air-conditioned home office with separate entrance and sweeping views
- North-facing sheltered alfresco, perfect for dining, lounging and entertaining
- Extensive Victorian period features include decorative cornices and ceilings, original Baltic Pine flooring, leadlighting, ornate open fireplaces, exquisite ceiling roses, slate roof, front bullnose wrought-iron verandah with tessellated tiling and a rear timber verandah featuring shuttered skylights
- Plantation shutters and Roman blinds throughout
- Carport plus additional driveway parking
- Established, country-style garden with significant rose planting and garden shed
- Rear, right-of-way access to laneway
- Hydronic heating and reverse-cycle heating and cooling
- Moments from the beach, schools, transport, shopping, parkland
Property Code: 994
Last updated: 11:31AM on May 16th 2018