House for sale
17 Edward Place,
4 3 4
$2,750,000 - $3,000,000
Panoramic Hinterland and Ocean Views“Yurara”, meaning extensive easterly view, presents an expansive panoramic vista over the Newrybar Valley and deep-blue sea spanning Broken Head to Lennox Point. This quality-built architect-designed retreat is located at the end of a 300-metre driveway off a quiet country cul-de-sac, providing privacy. An elegant and well-considered home with strong focus on indoor/outdoor living, Yurara captures stunning hinterland and ocean views from every room, is immaculately presented and offers serenity and a rural vibe – yet is just minutes from some of the region’s best beaches.
• 15 minutes to Seven Mile Beach, Lennox Head.
• 20 minutes to Byron Bay and its beaches and cool café and boutique culture.
• 5 and 10 minutes respectively to the chic villages of Newrybar and Bangalow.
• 15 minutes to Ballina’s shopping plazas and domestic airport.
• 1 hour to the Gold Coast and Coolangatta airport ¬– offering domestic and international connections.
Yurara’s upper level features 2.7 metre ceilings and offers a spacious open-plan living and dining area with hardwood floors, opening onto a wraparound undercover verandah. The well-appointed kitchen is an entertainer’s delight, featuring quality granite benchtops, an expansive island, a convenient walk-in pantry, quality appliances and a plethora of storage. Double doors lead to a home office, while the spacious master suite presents a walk-in robe, ensuite bathroom and an adjacent parent’s retreat/media room. A second double bedroom and generous family bathroom overlook rainforest to the rear of the property and complete this level. All living areas and the master suite feature stunning views over the sparkling saltwater pool complete with hardwood timber sunbathing deck, the lush valley of rolling fields, an adjacent macadamia farm and the sapphire blue ocean beyond. During the migration season, you can even spot whales from the verandah!
The home’s lower level also has high ceilings and provides the ideal teenage accommodation or guest retreat ¬– two spacious double bedrooms, a well-appointed second kitchen, living/games room, bathroom and laundry. Already council-approved for dual occupancy, ground and first levels can be separately habitable – should this be desirable. Perfect for extended family and guests, or as an income-producing asset. The solid concrete floor separating levels provides an acoustic buffer, ensuring no noise transfer between levels.
The two-car garage attached to the house provides direct access to both ground and first level and could accommodate a mezzanine level if desired. A circular drive offers additional undercover parking with access directly into kitchen area – making unloading shopping a breeze.
4 acres of grounds showcase breathtaking views from a myriad of vantage points. With walking trails through native rainforest and a beautiful array of flowering species, this is a garden to enjoy and inspire. A separate large shed includes an additional two-car garage and studio space – ideal for discovering the artist or craftsman within.
Situated 42m above sea level, Yurara captures refreshing sea breezes and presents an ever-changing panoramic postcard of natural beauty. Don't miss this opportunity to own a part of paradise.
Features & Highlights
• Dramatic, elevated position overlooking the Newrybar Valley with sea views stretching from Lennox Headland to Broken Head
• 4 acres of remnant rainforest & landscaped gardens
• Sealed road to property
• Circular concrete driveway to house
• 4.5m x 9m 85,000 litre salt water pool with remote-activated lighting system
• Council-approved dual occupancy
• 2-car garage with internal access to house
• Spacious farm shed with amenities & an additional 2-car garage
• Wraparound undercover verandahs – upstairs & down
• High ceilings (2.7m) throughout
• Rendered Besser block construction with suspended slab between levels
• Timber hardwood floors in main living areas
• Master suite with parent’s retreat or media/play room
• Multiple TV & data points in each room
• Generous storage & built-ins throughout
• Solar hot water with electric hot water back-up
• Ducted heating & cooling upstairs, reverse cycle downstairs
• Central vacuum system
• Town water
• 7,000 litre rainwater storage tank for garden maintenance
Last updated: 04:21PM on Dec 12th 2017