Semi-detached Duplex for sale
18 Suttor Street,
3 2 2
You Can Smell the Coffee From Here!Beautifully preserved and extended, this noteworthy Canberra home is located in the Wakefield Gardens Heritage Precinct - guaranteed peace of mind that you will never wake up next to a block of apartments or a 2 storey McMansion! Within walking distance to the wonderful Ainslie Shops this location is ideal for city fringe living in one of Canberra's most culturally significant areas and you can almost smell the coffee from Edgar's Inn.
This well-appointed home has been sympathetically renovated to include the beloved character features of an Ainslie cottage yet provide contemporary benefits (such as an ensuite) and large family room to indulge contemporary needs.
The extension completes and complements the original floor plan with the addition of a large main bedroom inclusive of ensuite and walk-in robe; separate dining and huge family area; high ceilings, timber parquet flooring, original doors throughout, attractive timber sash windows; and a double garage with internal access.
The original part of the house includes; 2 bedrooms with built-in robes; a 2nd renovated bathroom; and the kitchen with the additional historic touch of the original Metters stove. A bonus is the second living area with gas heating in the original fireplace creating a functional separation for older families or downsizers.
The large north facing family room opens on to two decks, great for entertaining and summer dining, the edible landscape provides a magnificent cherry tree, lemon, orange, lime, fig and pear trees, herb garden near the kitchen, strawberry patch and raspberry canes creates a joy for keen gardeners.
At a glance...
- 1930's Heritage Registered Cottage (Duplex) extended (2003)
- 187.27m2 living, 762m2 block on a beautifully Oak lined street
- 3 bedrooms - Main with walk-in robe, built-ins bedrooms 2 and 3
- 2 bathrooms (including ensuite)
- RC/AC in both Main bedroom and family area
- Hydronic heating in the kitchen, front living room, front bathroom and all front bedrooms
- Main gas open fire in 2nd living space and hydronic heating to bedrooms 2 and 3
- Polished cypress flooring in original areas and parquetry in the extension
- Picture rails, high ceilings, timber sash windows and original solid timber doors throughout.
- 4,000L rainwater tank - service one tap for garden
- Reticulation system
- Big cherry tree, orange tree, lemon tree, a fig tree, herb garden, strawberry patch, raspberry canes, lime tree and pear trees plus raised veggie beds
- Double lock up garage with automatic doors, internal access and storage cupboards
- Close to public
- A short flat walk from the wonderful Ainslie Shops
Last updated: 05:33PM on Jan 21st 2019