House for sale
187-189 Newtown Road,
6 3 2
$1,500,000 - $1,650,000
Historic "Bismarck House"The Phone Code for this property is: 69806. Please quote this number when phoning or texting.
Prepare to be enamoured with the beauty and charm of "Bismarck House" circa 1876. Set on a generous 3079m2 double block and offering elevated 360° views of the picturesque township of Bega, properties of this calibre and style are rarely seen in today's market.
This heritage listed property has maintained most of it's original features, complimented by a full renovation undertaken in 2009. Boasting the original façade; polished hardwood timber floorboards; 12 foot pressed metal ceilings; stained glass doors and sash hung painted timber windows; turned verandah posts and frieze spindles; wide moulded skirtings and architraves, in addition to as many of the original Victorian fixtures and fittings, as could be retained.
The property has a colourful and rich history and has over time has been used as a family home, private hospital, maternity hospital and boarding house. Most recently it has been operating as a high end licensed restaurant, café and function centre maintaining a fully equipped commercial kitchen. With minor renovations, however it could easily be reverted to it's former glory as a stately 5-6 bedroom family home.
The lifestyle and commercial possibilities for this property are endless and only limited by your imagination. Utlize the current liquor license and DA in place, profit from subdividing or alternatively take advantage of the zoning which provides for a multitude of uses (STCA)
* Heritage listed property
* Full restoration completed in 2009
* Impressive stained glass entry
* Generous open plan lounge and dining room areas
* Possibility for up to six bedrooms including a separate one bedroom studio above the garage
* Period features abound - high patterned 12' metal ceilings, Victorian fixtures and fittings
* Landscaped gardens with granite cobbled stone paths and cast iron Victorian lamp posts
* Original hardwood timber floors
* Full commercial kitchen fitout and polished redgum timber bar
* Close to shopping precinct, schools and hospitals with major beach resorts only 10 mins away
* Potential for multiple commercial uses under existing DA or R2 Residential Zoning (STCA)
Historic properties such as this are a rare find, don't miss the opportunity to fall in love with "Bismarck House".
For Sale By Owner (www.forsalebyowner.com.au) is a national service for home owners who are looking to sell or rent out their own homes without paying any real estate commission. Whilst every care has been taken to verify the accuracy of the details in this advertisement, we cannot guarantee its correctness. Prospective purchasers are requested to take such action as is necessary, to satisfy themselves of any pertinent matters.
Last updated: 03:30PM on Jan 27th 2019