House for sale
19 Rosebery Street,
Highgate Hill, QLD
6 3 2
Idyllic Character Home In Sought After Inner City LocationPerched on an elevated 810sqm allotment with soaring views across the Brisbane River to the University of Queensland and Mount Coo-tha, this large, refined home offers a rare combination of idyll and centrality with space for the whole family.
Soaring ceilings, an open plan living and generous bedroom sizes all add to the wide, wraparound verandah, allowing cooling cross river breezes through the home. All parts of the elegant Queenslander character home spill seamlessly through french doors and bi-folds to take optimal advantage of this covered alfresco retreat. Venetian blinds allow these outdoor living spaces to be used across all weather and times of the day.
The home's neutral palette and contemporary upgrades complement double sash windows and the original character of the property, adding to its functionality as a cleverly laid out home for the busy, modern family.
An expansive, self-contained apartment on the lower level offers an ideal space for a home business, a rental, or a live-in space for intergenerational families.
Exquisite gardens adorn the terraced grounds, with elevation and surrounding greenery making it a secluded sanctuary just minutes to vibrant West End and the CBD.
Situated within the desirable Brisbane State High School catchment area, the location offers easy access to sought after Somerville House, Churchie Grammar School and St Laurence's College.
- A seamless indoor-outdoor lifestyle afforded by wraparound, covered verandah and paved patio;
- Skillfully tended gardens distinguish the character of the home;
- Centrally located kitchen with gas cooktop plus induction cooktop, easily accessing alfresco and indoor dining areas;
- Four bedrooms with built-ins on upper level, plus two additional bedrooms and an oversized retreat on lower level;
- Master bedroom set away from other bedrooms, featuring ensuite and secluded verandah;
- Primary bathroom features bathtub and separate toilet while a large separate laundry accesses discreet drying yard;
- A mixture of beautifully worn hardwoods complement premium tiling;
- Tasteful design flourishes like chandeliers and brass door hardware feature throughout;
- Transom windows, wide french doors, and bi-folds open this home up to the cooling river breezes;
- Quality window coverings and ceiling fans throughout;
- Under 4km to CBD and a 6-minute walk to city-bound buses which reach the CBD via West End in under half an hour.
- Wander to the cafes of Gladstone road, or drive to West End and the cultural and performances arts district in South Brisbane in minutes.
With a sought-after location easily accessing quality schools, dynamic cultural hubs and dining scenes, this atmospheric and highly functional home retains its peaceful outlook and surrounds.
Last updated: 11:26AM on Dec 11th 2019