House for sale
19 Wilson Street,
3 1 1
Circa 1864 Victorian Charm in Sensational Central Setting - $1,650,000 NegotiableGracefully overflowing with early Victorian substance, integrity and distinctive charm, this double-fronted, double-brick 3 bedroom plus study home offers an affordable launching pad into a tightly held neighbourhood. This landmark property (circa 1864) is the perfect fit for young families and downsizers keen to enter the rewarding Brighton market in a central position of unrivalled convenience.
Anchored by locally quarried ironstone with a timber verandah entry, discover an exquisitely arched, broad hallway branching off to the left and right with all large and light-filled bedrooms zoned to the front of the home. A handy study is also tucked away in this area, taking care of all your home office duties.
Wonderfully open under towering ceilings, a formal living room with an original fireplace is a timeless symphony of space and natural light. A sparkling kitchen has been updated to include a Bosch dishwasher and a relaxed dining area, perfect for casually connecting with family and friends. The easy living is enhanced by a gleaming bathroom with a bath and walk-in shower.
Spill outside to a paved courtyard, facing north and privately set. Perfectly proportioned, this space will be used on a daily basis as a peaceful sanctuary in the warmth of the northern sun. Special features include ducted and panel heating, a large, skylit laundry, compact storeroom, timber floorboards, rear carport parking offering direct courtyard access, and a low-maintenance, established garden with a fernery.
A striking example of early Victorian architecture, the home offers the full complement of period features including ornate open fireplaces, decorative cornices, timber fretwork, soaring ceilings, original slate roof, timber and steel verandah, and an intricate ceiling rose in the hallway.
Metres from Brighton Primary School, this is peerless Bayside living in a sought-after location with trains, dog-friendly William Street Reserve, Firbank and Brighton Grammar all within easy reach. Offering a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, properties of this special character are rarely presented for sale. Inspect with the whole family today!
At a glance...
* 3 large bedrooms under high ceilings
* Spacious formal living room with open fireplace
* Separate kitchen with Bosch dishwasher and family dining area
* Large study
* Bathroom featuring bath and separate, walk-in shower
* Skylit laundry
* North-facing, paved courtyard
* Carport parking with courtyard access to home
* Ducted and panel heating
* Timber flooring
* Stylish rendered facade
* Period features include ironstone footings, ornate open fireplaces, decorative cornices, timber fretwork, soaring ceilings, original slate roof, timber and steel verandah, and ceiling artistry
* Stroll to Bay Street and Church Street rail and retail, Brighton Primary School, Firbank, Brighton Grammar, William Street Reserve and the beach
Property Code: 1265
Last updated: 01:47PM on Jul 17th 2019