House for sale
194 Bonney Avenue,
7 3 2
Grand Colonial ResidenceInspired by timeless elegance and the grandeur of a bygone era, "Wonga Villa" is a Colonial Queenslander built around 1905 and set on a 771sqm block. It has been beautifully restored to provide a home emphasising both its original character features and modern day functionality. Entrance to the home is via the grand central hallway that leads past three substantial bedrooms before revealing the formal living and dining room with soaring 12 ft. decorative ceilings and two picturesque original fireplaces with marble surrounds. Looking out to both the internal and external living spaces, the generously proportioned kitchen has been designed to provide an effortless flow for entertaining. The third decorative cedar fireplace, is located in the adjoining informal living room. Emulating the size afforded inside, the expansive and private covered entertaining deck with separate pavilion provides an impressive space for lavish entertaining or peaceful days at home. The lower level offers a further four bedrooms, separate living, dining and second kitchen creating options for dual living or a teenage retreat. With easy access to some of Brisbane's most prestigious schools (just a short walk to Eagle Junction State School and private schools), various transport options, cafe and shopping precincts and the CBD, this home meets the demands of the largest of families.
- Formal living and dining on both levels
- Three bathrooms – two with claw foot baths. A separate sauna.
- Wrap around verandahs, original French doors, original bee-hive door handles
- Stain glass panels, wide pine floorboards, VJ walls
- Two tandem undercover car spaces plus room for boat or trailer
- Eagle Junction State School Catchment, previously used as a B&B
- Potential to use second level as home office or Air B&B
Last updated: 05:18PM on Aug 21st 2017