House for sale
195 Old Mount Barker Road,
4 3 2
ROSEVILLE C1896A stunning, historic property, Roseville instantly conveys a sense of having arrived home. Generously proportioned and set on over an acre of established, park like grounds it has been seamlessly renovated and extended over time. A classic sandstone construction, completed with Pool Pavilion and Court, flexibility is offered in both space and floorplan catering for all ages, stages and transitions that life brings.
What we love about the home:
- Retaining original features of pressed tin ceilings, polished floorboards and fireplace, the formal lounge can double as a tv/reading room or fifth bedroom
- Original formal dine adjacent kitchen offers substantial space for many guests
- Open plan family/living with slow combustion heating incorporates the large provincial style kitchen with plentiful storage cupboards and Miele and Ilve appliances
- A Pauline Hurren designed conservatory warms the home in winter and cools in summer. It is completed with underfloor heating, QLD inspired louvre windows, and beautiful vistas of the gardens
- The hardwood deck contains a built-in daybed and is a wonderful spot for entertaining, lazy lunches, barbecues, or a snooze.
- The Master bedroom has views of the garden and court and is finished with plantation shutters
- Bedrooms two to four are sizable and finished with carpet and BIR for storage and are serviced by a second bathroom adjacent the laundry
- The renovated main bathroom with underfloor heating, luxe deep bath, separate shower and bespoke vanity
- Originally owned by employees of The Mt Lofty Botanical Gardens, the grounds are remarkable
- The sandstone fronted pool pavilion is significant. Self-contained, it offers mezzanine/bedroom, kitchenette, bathroom, cellar and lounge, and overlooks the solar heated pool, and gas heated spa
- Grass Court with automatic watering system, also doubles as play area for younger children.
Other things we love
- Remote gated entrance and double garage
- Lockable pedestrian entrance
- Established bore used to water the grounds
- Off street parking for a further four cars
- Zoned for Stirling East Primary School
Unforgettable from the moment you step inside the gate, this offering is a perfect blend of practicalities and intangibles. Located a short drive to Stirling, Aldgate and 12 minutes to the Toll Gate and proximate to public transport this home is a must consider.
Last updated: 01:11PM on Jan 14th 2019