House for sale
2 Melkin End,
5 3 3
Delightful and DistinguishedEnriched in history with a timeless blend of character and elegance, this picturesque family East side period home with a North aspect is uncompromising in its spectacular top to toe grandeur. Embraced vibrantly by manicured lawns and gardens with an impressive 58 metre frontage and exceptional sized land of 1523 sqm.
Surprisingly, a property of this stature, does not have any heritage or conservation restrictions.
With original features dating to the Federation era, this exquisite family home has evolved to incorporate modern touches while reflecting a time when homes were lavishly sized and brimming with time honoured interiors. This property is quite simply without equal with beautiful craftsmanship, highlighting polished timber floors, picture rails, stunning fireplaces and incredible 11ft high approx ornate patterned ceilings.
Immediately impressive with this property's prestigious location only about 500m easy walk to trains, buses and Gordon centres, in the Gordon East Public and Killara High catchments with easy access to other elite and public schools.
- Striking expansive formal lounge with open fire place opening to a covered patio, a superb place for entertaining or dozing away the afternoon
- Sumptuous formal dining room for gracious entertaining or family feasts
- Distinguished private office with a gorgeous cast iron fireplace enjoying North garden views
- Conservatory style immense family room with paneled cathedral ceilings and walls, fireplace with Limestone hearth, ceiling fan and a lovely bay window with a built in seat, an ideal spot to read and reflect
- Recently renovated marvellous family sized kitchen with a marble island and breakfast bar with Miele appliances, double pantry and a quaint bar area perfect for a cocktail after work or for entertaining with a seamless transition to a covered alfresco entertaining area
- Five large bedrooms including a lux master bedroom with adjoining spacious dressing room with built in robe and ensuite
- North facing alfresco dining area with pleasing views of the pool and garden
- Reading, rumpus or 6th bedroom connecting to the family room
- Light filled bathrooms and guest powder room with period accents
- Sparkling in ground pool with sandstone surrounds and glass balustrade
- Cellar Pro thermo-controlled wine cellar racked for 1,100 bottles approx
- Double lock up garage, one with a workspace and toilet, a storeroom, attic, laundry and skylights
- Seven security cameras that can be viewed and replayed on your computer or iPhone
DISCLAIMER: All information contained herein is gathered from sources that we believe reliable. We have no reason to doubt its accuracy, however we cannot guarantee it. This information is not to be used in formalising any decision nor used by nor used by a third party without the expressed written permission of LJ Hooker Gordon.
Last updated: 08:50PM on Sep 18th 2018