20 Bathurst Street,
Private Parkside Family Home With Leafy Views & PoolIn an tranquil enclave elevated above Harbourview Park stands this classic family residence with expansive leafy views and a versatile layout with optional use as a 4-level home or 3-level house plus a self-contained guest/teenager suite opening to a poolside courtyard. Exceptionally private and deceptively large, the freestanding house stands on a large block with a pool, wide parkside frontage (with gated access to the park) and potential to develop side garden with possible parking STCA.
Renovated and extended with sunlit interiors capturing the views, the c1895 double-fronted house was built in the Victorian Gothic style by renowned builder Edward Knox Harkness who developed much of this parkside precinct. The generous layout includes 4 bedrooms (main w dressing room, ensuite, balcony), 4 bathrooms, open-plan living and dining area (flowing to balcony), 2nd living area (lower ground level), study, gourmet gas kitchen, laundry and huge office (or rumpus) on the attic level.
Additional features include sandstone walls, high ceilings, polished floorboards, plantation shutters, r/c air-con, fireplaces, built-in storage, video intercom. In a fantastic location between Bondi Junction's retail hub and Double Bay village, the property is 250 metres to parkside Caf Arno & dog friendly Lough Playing Fields, 400 metres to Bondi Junction shopping, buses & trains.
- Blue-chip position bordering Harbourview Park
- Sunny pool & poolside entertaining terrace
- Large open-plan living area w fireplace
- Dining (seats 10+ peoples) flows to balcony
- 2nd living area flows to poolside courtyard
- Deluxe gas kitchen w 5-burner gas range
- Home office (or rumpus) on attic level
- Study (w b/n storage and walk-in storeroom)
- Main bedroom w dressing room, ensuite, balcony
- 3 more double bedrooms (one w ensuite)
- 4 bathrooms (main ensuite w bath & shower)
- Laundry with washtub; generous b/in storage
- Optional self-contained poolside apartment with
living area, kitchenette, bedroom & ensuite
- R/c air-con, fireplaces, video intercom
- High ceilings, polished timber floorboards
- Domed ceiling (an Edward Harkness trademark)
- Stroll to Arno caf, Cooper Park tennis courts & Lough Playing Fields (dogs permitted on leash at all times and unleashed between 4.30pm - 8.30am)
- Moments to Double Bay & Bondi Junction