House for sale
20 Packer Street,
4 2 2
A CLASS ABOVE THE RESTPositioned in one of Weetangera's prestigious streets and set back on an impressive 1,803m2 block with an elegant semi-circular driveway is 20 Packer Street, a well constructed and charming American Colonial style residence ready to impress the most discerning of families.
This impeccably presented and spacious 355m2 home welcomes you with its grand double door entrance, marble flooring and soaring ceilings which flow through to a sophisticated living room and separate dining room. The versatile and clever floor plan segregates the multiple living areas from the bedroom quarters, ideally suited to both formal entertaining and day to day requirements of relaxed family living. All bedrooms are generous in size with built in robes, the master bedroom with his and her walk-through robes, ensuite with spa bath.
The renovated French provincial kitchen is the central hub of the home and is well equipped for the chef of the family with Corian benchtops, quality stainless steel Miele appliances, including a concealed dishwasher and combined gas and electric cooktop with a wok burner. Adjoining the kitchen is the north facing spacious family room and meals area which leads to an impressive English Amdega conservatory offering copious amounts of light and space with a leafy outlook over the rear garden. Enjoy delightful views with twinkling lights over Belconnen during the evenings.
Perfect during the summer months is the delightful in-ground swimming pool and expansive private courtyard (including a built-in mains gas barbecue) which provides the ultimate space to host pool parties or to entertain with family and friends. A beautiful wide rear verandah ensures year round relaxing and entertaining. The lower level of the terraced garden is a haven for the garden enthusiast whilst still providing plenty of room for pets and children to play.
The orientation of the home offers a high energy rating of 5.0 in addition to the added floor and ceiling insulation and external window shutters can be opened or closed dependent on the season. Other stand out features include solar panels, hydronic under-floor heating and two generous sized storage rooms and a workshop underneath the home. Car accommodation is also extremely generous with its double garage and ample off street parking at the rear.
If location, lifestyle and privacy are high on your priority list, this delightful home is worthy of your inspection this weekend.
PLEASE NOTE THIS PROPERTY WILL GO TO AUCTION ON SITE SATURDAY, 2ND FEBRUARY AT 11:00AM
- Generous 1,803m2 block
- A wide, tiled front verandah
- Welcoming entry-way with stunning marble flooring
- Four bedrooms; all with built in robes
- Spacious master bedroom with walk through robe
- Ensuite with heated spa bath
- Bedroom three currently servicing as a regal study
- Formal living room with gas log fire
- High 2550mm ceilings throughout
- Formal dining room
- P & K renovated kitchen with quality Miele s/s appliances
- Spacious family room with RC/AC and Regency' gas log fire
- Meals area with access to outdoor entertaining and pool
- Impressive well ventilated 30m2 conservatory with pool access
- Ducted central heating throughout and hydronic underfloor heating to entry and bathrooms.
- Added insulation in floors and ceiling
- Spacious laundry
- 21 solar panels - 4.1 kWh fed back into the grid - no more electricity bills
- Paved semi-circular driveway
- Established and irrigated gardens
- Internal staircase access to garage
- Oversized 54m2 double garage and workshop with s/s tub & hot/cold water
- Two separate storage rooms under.
- Double gate access to lower rear garden with shade house
- Water tank (3,500 Litre)
- Magnificent paved courtyard and in-ground temperature controlled pool featuring quality Italian glass tiles
- 3 Phase power
As the locals will love to tell you, the location of Weetangera is highly desirable and offers all the conveniences of a suburb on the fringe of the city. There is easy access to buses, popular public and private schools including, Radford College, St Francis Xavier and Hawker Colleges, and Belconnen and Canberra High Schools with Weetangera Primary School only a short stroll away for the children. Only minutes away is the convenience of the popular Jamison Plaza, City Centre. Westfield Belconnen, AIS, Calvary Hospital and bushland walking trails.
Last updated: 01:47PM on Jan 21st 2019