225 Nebraska Road,
North Bruny, TAS
North Bruny Island, Tasmania
237.6ha (587 acres)
Nebraska this name originates from the American Indian Sioux tribe's language meaning Flat or Smooth water
It is rare that such a property comes to the market. Nebraska's fertile rolling hills provide the most extraordinary views over the coveted cruising waters of the d'Entrecasteaux Channel and majestic Mount Wellington. The pastures are well fenced and offer shelter belts of native trees and some of the most spectacular groves of grass trees that you will ever find. Native animals abound, with the rare and endangered bird species of swift parrots and forty spotted pardalotes, wedge tailed eagles and sea eagles also calling Nebraska home.
The historic homestead is a carefully renovated property with a more recent and sympathetic addition of an open plan living and kitchen area that provides natural light and enticing views of the stunning gardens and vineyard. Wide verandahs allow you to sit back and enjoy this perfect, tranquil oasis, whilst you relish a fine pinot noir or cabernet sauvignon from your own bountiful vineyard. The lap pool will cater for your morning swim and exercise regime, the vege garden will keep you self sufficient and the chooks will keep you in fresh eggs.
Garages, workshops, cool room, historic shearing shed and yards, huge storage / entertaining shed (perhaps a function room?) and a second, spacious cottage promise a wealth of diverse and potential opportunities. Tourist accommodation, wedding venue, artists retreat, health spa, vineyards, cherry orchards and of course grazing are all possible new ventures for an enterprising new owner.
Nebraska is indeed a rare gem, it promises a beautiful, peaceful lifestyle for new owners, their family, friends and guests. Nebraska offers the best of island lifestyles, excellent fishing, some of Tasmania's best cruising waters, unspoiled, uncluttered beaches and surfing spots, fantastic bushwalks and native wildlife are surrounding Nebraska. This is indeed a rare and special opportunity, please email or call for more details and to arrange for your personal inspection.
• 5 titles with great subdivisional potential
• Beautiful, character historic home, modern conveniences
• 2nd cottage, perfect for BNB /accommodation
• Stunning, colourful gardens, excellent water from dams
• Extraordinary views over d'Entrecasteaux Channel & beyond
• Fertile, pastures & native bush (magnificent groves of Grass Trees)
• Excellent grazing (super fine wool), fantastic horse riding trails
• Lap pool, shearing shed, garages, workshop, storage & machinery sheds
• A short stroll to the pristine, sandy, quiet Nebraska beach
• Approx 75 minutes from Hobart (co-ordinating with 20 minute ferry journey)