229 Thomas Street,
Timeless period charm with modern styleThis picture-perfect 3 bedroom Californian Bungalow on a corner block only a stone’s throw to Thomas Street Park, harmoniously blends period charm with inspired contemporary style. The engaging outcome is easy living over two levels in a notable family-friendly neighbourhood.
An eye-catching presence from street level with a pair of dormer windows rising from the roof line and reblocked several years ago.Discover an exquisitely tiled and columned verandah leading to a broad, welcoming entranceway under high ceilings. A formal lounge room showcases period finishes and flourishes including decorative cornices, a delightful rose ceiling and an imposing bay window behind plantation shutters. This private, peaceful room will be cherished by the whole family.
The main bedroom is housed downstairs, complete with handy en suite and mirrored built-in-robes. Head upstairs to the two remaining bedrooms, a study and a large bathroom with bath and separate shower.
Downstairs, the property impressively opens up to reveal roomy open-plan living and dining with integrated cabinetry. Beyond the home’s traditional facade, there is real function at play here, and prepare to be overwhelmed by the sense of space, light and style.
Adjoining this area is an instantly inviting kitchen with island bench and a convenient butler’s pantry. Featuring a high-end Ilve oven, this space will satisfy the most demanding of home chefs providing a constant source of inspiration.
The home effortlessly flows outdoors through a pair of concertina doors to a north-facing, L-shaped timber deck. The floorplan has been designed to enhance circulation between indoors and out, and it’s here that the home truly shines. Embrace the opportunity to entertain family and friends at any time of the day, and at all times of the year under a sheltered dining area.
Moments from vibrant Hampton Street, quality schools, Hampton train station and your own local beach at the end of the street, the home is surrounded by the fabulous lush Thomas Street Park and nearby recreation facilities to enjoy and explore. Cleverly combining the classical with the contemporary, one inspection will convince you that you're in the presence of something special. Make your move into a prized, tightly held neighbourhood today.
* 3 large bedrooms, All with BIR, main with mirrored bedroom and en suite
* Formal lounge room with bay window
* Spacious open-plan living and dining
* Stylish kitchen with impressive Ilve oven, Caesarstone bench tops and island bench
* Gourmet butler’s pantry
* 2 luxurious bathrooms, one with bath and separate shower
* Upstairs WC
* Separate laundry boastsCaesar stone benchtops and powder room
* Upstairs study
* Massive north-facing, L-shaped timber deck purpose-built for dining, lounging and entertaining
* Built-in BBQ
* Storeroom under stairs
* Remote-controlled double garage and workshop plus additional off-street parking
* Large children’s cubby house
* Ducted heating, split-system heating and cooling plus evaporative cooling
* Stylish concertina doors open out onto deck
* Plantation shutters and Holland (roller) blinds
* Chic timber flooring, plush carpeting
* Low-maintenance front garden
* Moments from schools, transport, shopping, parkland, beach
Property Code: 777