House for sale
23 Borrowdale Street,
Red Hill, ACT
4 2 3
Stylish Contemporary Masterpiece in Quiet Cul-de-SacAuction Location: On-Site.
Serenely set on an elevated parcel of RZ2 zoned land covering 920m2 (approx.), this design-driven and architecturally up-dated Mid-Century Contemporary home boasts a beautifully balanced combination of radiant indoor and outdoor spaces. Defined by clean, considered architectural lines, the understated simplicity of this 4-bedroom family home is breathtaking!
Upon entering the formal entrance with Mondrian-influenced sidelight, discover a light-filled lounge room that pivots around a wood-fuel fireplace on a polished, floating concrete hearth. The interior flows harmoniously, with the substantial dining room cleverly connecting to a sky-lit kitchen via a large open servery. The deluxe kitchen with slick, glass splashback and stone benchtops is complemented by a family meals area, ideal for everyday use with an enticing leafy aspect. There is also a filtered drinking water system.
All rooms make effective use of the blockï¿½s natural elevation with treetop views in all directions, while a sun-swept garden room is the perfect spot to relax, unwind and indulge. Punctuated by panels of double-glazed glass, the depth and symmetry of the interiors connect seamlessly with the outdoors. Step outside through sliding doors to a sheltered, wrap-around terrace with a tantalising outlook, suitable for gatherings of any size. Designed for entertaining not maintaining, enjoy a fully landscaped, Japanese-inspired garden, set privately from the front to the rear, highlighted by a stunning Torii Gate.
The four oversized bedrooms are serviced by two large bathrooms, two of which make for easy conversion to a study or home office. The spacious main bedroom offers treetop views and roomy walk-in robes. Comprehensive features of this stunning home include zoned and ducted heating and cooling, back-to-base security system, Holland blinds, integrated bespoke cabinetry, and dimmable lights in the living and dining areas.
On the roof are 36 rooftop solar panels, while under the house is remote-controlled 3-car garaging, and a cool and secure brick wine cellar with 540-bottle capacity. Additionally, there is copious under-house storage and a workshop.
For the home gardener, take advantage of established vegetable gardens with composting system, and a pair of water tanks (15,000 and 4,000 litres) flowing into an in-ground watering system.
The exclusive address speaks for itself. Perfectly positioned at the top of a whisper-quiet cul-de-sac, enjoy easy access to Red Hill and Manuka shopping, the Parliamentary Triangle, and this cityï¿½s leading schools including Canberra Grammar, and Red Hill and St Bede's Primary Schools. Inspect with certainty!
- 4 large versatile bedrooms, main with roomy walk-in robes and stunning en-suite
- Spacious formal lounge with stylish fireplace
- Formal dining room with window servery
- Sparkling, separate kitchen with glass splashback and ample bench and storage space
- Relaxed family meals area with leafy aspect
- Sun-filled garden room with treetop views
- Centrally located bathroom
- Separate laundry
- Elevated and paved terrace, perfect for outdoor dining and entertaining
- Remote-controlled triple garaging and additional driveway parking
- Timber, carpet and tiled flooring
- Low-maintenance, Japanese-inspired garden
- Ducted heating and cooling
- 540 bottle-capacity under-house wine cellar
- Workshop/tool shed
- 36 solar panels with 18 on the highest rate tariff
- 2 water tanks (15,000 and 4,000 litres)
- In-ground watering system
- Vegetable gardens with composting system
- Back-to-base security system
- Holland and Roman blinds
- Integrated bespoke cabinetry
- Ample storage solutions
- Dimmable lights in the living and dining areas.
- Approx 920m2 allotment
Last updated: 12:38PM on Sep 18th 2018