23 Higgins Crescent,
Character, Charm & Corroboree Park What a Combination!Auction | Saturday 29th September at 10:30am On site
Corroboree Park is so tightly held, that opportunities like this timeless example of inspired Ainslie living only come up rarely. This picture-perfect 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom cottage (circa 1927) harmoniously blends elegant period charm with free-flowing, contemporary style, courtesy of a recent extension.
Beyond a traditional rose garden and verandah entry, discover a versatile formal living room with a welcoming open fireplace, the ideal spot to entertain family and friends with style and substance. The property spectacularly opens up under soaring ceilings to reveal wonderfully light and airy living and dining rooms, alongside a stylish study with built-in desk and cabinetry.
Sympathetically restored throughout with enticing period finishes and flourishes, enjoy a sparkling, stone-topped kitchen with entertainersï¿½ island bench. An original Metters Bega wood-fired stove is a captivating touch, sure to generate warmth and conversation.
The home effortlessly flows outdoors to an elevated alfresco timber deck, overlooking an established yard and shady garden. Superbly set on a sprawling 1,005m2 (approx.) parcel of land, there is plenty of room for family fun and entertaining.
The home is zoned to respect privacy with a rear wing staging all the bedrooms and deluxe bathrooms. Comprehensive features include a large laundry, garage, a loft attic with drop-down ladder, ducted gas heating plus split-system heating and cooling, polished red gum flooring, and a garden shed. All of the period features on display add value and character including an open fireplace, exquisite ceiling art, decorative cornice work and picture rails.
Directly across the road from Corroboree Park, walk to local schools, lively Braddon restaurants and nightlife, and take a short drive to Dickson and Civic. This is the best of Ainslie living with all the lifestyle advantages!
At a glance...
- 4 large, private bedrooms, main with WIR and deluxe ensuite, 3 with BIR
- Versatile formal living room
- Spacious living and dining rooms
- Sparkling kitchen with stone-topped island bench
- Handy study with built-in desk and cabinetry
- Centrally located bathroom with bath and walk-in shower
- Large laundry
- Alfresco timber deck
- Loft attic with drop-down ladder
- Extensive heating/cooling
- Single weatherboard garage
- Low-maintenance, high-impact garden with shed
- Close to schools, parkland, shopping and transport
- Sprawling 1,005m2 block of land (approx.)