House for sale
23995 South Western Highway,
3 3 0
ANOTHER UNDER OFFER BY LARISSA & JULIE!!** ANOTHER UNDER OFFER BY LARISSA FULLER & JULIE HEROD!! **
This property set on 8.79 acres with two titles, situated on South West Hwy entering the town site of historic Bridgetown. The home built with stone has a heartfelt story attached built in the early 1900’s this beautiful home is a stand out, delivering what is expected of an original homestead in the area. This home almost takes you on its own journey with large stair entry to sweeping verandah and original stained glass timber door surround. The elegance as you enter the home encompasses a wide entry foyer with jarrah floorboards.
The main bedroom having bay window with original stained glass features in the timber windows. This space is substantial having neutral carpets and well balanced interior. The large lounge adjacent to the main bedroom with original mantles, wood fire and air-conditioning bring together a space of family and comfort. The dining room is central to the home with original mantles, polished jarrah floors and large timber entry out to private verandah.
The home is divided for living and sleeping zones, three bedrooms two bathrooms situated on one side of the home and living dining and kitchen space on the other side. The kitchen is bespoke with a romantic timber wood oven in the chimney that is connected to the solar hot water. The kitchen window is sheltered by the jacaranda tree in the yard and looks beyond the well-manicured garden to the timber studio space.
Being mindful the current owners have maintained the out houses as original being the maid’s quarters with timber windows and original open fire with jarrah floors. The outhouse laundry is tiled with freestanding shower, power and running water.
This space the owners have maintained and lined this beautiful goods shed with own parking at rear, water tank and gated pool. With that in mind the space is filled with natural light from the extensive windows and handpicked stained glass timber doors.
The feel in the studio is one of creativity or to host extended family or even think about a bed and breakfast component. The other out buildings consist of timber undercover parking for two cars, the generator room (originally for the Generator for the whole property), the undercover parking for three cars behind the studio.
The pool yard
This is set alongside the studio and is private from the front of the home. Fully fenced with decking surrounding this lovely outdoor space. The pool is chlorinated and perfect for balmy summer days and night time entertaining.
Drive around the home with three paddocks the home offers’ the old world charm with chicken pens (out buildings), the house yard are fenced for the animals.
Story book orchard and trees compliment this stand out property being “Oak Hill House”
- Original skirtings architraves and mantles
- Open fire place in dining room
- Wrap around verandah
- Bespoke kitchen
- Turnabout at from and rear of home
- Swimming pool
- Separate studio room
- Private entertaining off dining room
- Gravel drive
- Established gardens
- Ancient oak tree (with swing)
- Maids quarters with separate shower laundry room
- Fully fenced divided paddocks with house yard
- Chicken pen, fruit trees all fully fenced
- Grand water feature at front of home
- Outside toilet off veranda
- Cellar space under home verandah
- Solar hot water connected to wood cooker in kitchen
- Numerous under cover car parking spaces
- Acreage with short proximity to town
- Tree lined drive and turn about
- Permeant creek and spring fed damThe particulars of this listing are supplied for information only and shall not be taken as a representation in any respect on the part of the vendor or their agent.
Property Code: 594
Last updated: 01:39PM on Sep 11th 2017