24 Wellington Street,
Picture-Perfect Period Charm with Family FlairDefined by handsome, high-gabled Federation Arts and Crafts artistry, this free-flowing 5 bedroom family home, circa 1908, effortlessly combines exquisite period detail with the contemporary comforts of a variety of sunlit and spacious open living areas.
Cleverly crafted to accentuate northern light and set on an impressive 874sqm (approx.) parcel of land, discover a wonderful sense of space from the outset. An immediately inviting open-plan living and dining area with stylish timber boards underneath sits alongside a chic and sleek kitchen showcasing Miele and Westinghouse appliances. A pair of well-positioned atria also lighten and brighten this special family-friendly area.
Framed by row upon row of glass, the enticing poolside view from indoors will instantly inspire thoughts of entertaining. The north-facing pool and surrounding terrace are natural attractions with more than enough room for lounge and dining settings. It’s easy to imagine the hours of family fun such a space will provide with the added benefits of an outdoor shower and powder room.
All the shared family spaces are roomy and refined, yet relaxed, in nature. Take advantage of a well-appointed billiard room, a handy study and a warmly welcoming formal dining room with a grand ornamental open fireplace. A large, versatile room could be used as a family retreat, studio or home office.
The main bedroom is staged nearby showcasing a substantial dressing room and a stunning, fully tiled en suite with oversized shower. Completing the picture downstairs is a convenient powder room, separate laundry and storeroom, and a delightful bathroom with a free-standing, oval-shaped tub.
Head upstairs via a grand timber staircase shooting off in all directions under streaming light from above. Discover four further bedrooms and a family bathroom, all offering commanding neighbourhood views at every turn. Take your time and discover hidden nooks and crannies under vaulted ceilings.
Comprehensive features include secure intercom entry, heating and cooling throughout, a low-maintenance garden with shed, a period-style carport plus additional parking, six working open fireplaces and intricate timber fretwork and cornices.
Offering extensive entertaining spaces in a dream location, everything about this home feels right from the soaring decorative ceilings to the delicately leadlit windows. Best of all, take a short walk to the beach at the end of the street and enjoy easy access to Church Street’s vibrant cafe culture and chic boutiques, Middle Brighton railway station and the Dendy Cinema. This is truly living!
* 5 large bedrooms with WIR/BIR
* 3 luxurious bathrooms/en suites
* Vast north-facing open-plan living and dining
* Sparkling stone-topped kitchen showcasing Miele and Westinghouse appliances with substantial walk-in pantry and an entertainers’ island bench
* Formal dining room with open fireplace
* Wonderfully relaxed billiard room
* Roomy study
* Versatile, free-flowing room could be used as a retreat, studio or home office
* A pair of atria direct natural light through the heart of the house
* Large laundry adjoining store room
* Downstairs powder room
* Further study nook
* Inviting solar-powered swimming pool and surrounding entertainers’ terrace
* Outdoor shower and powder room
* 2-car carport plus additional off-street parking
* Period features include exquisite leadlighting, 6 working ornamental open fireplaces, decorative ceilings and timber fretwork
* Secure intercom entry
* Hydronic heating and reverse-cycle air conditioning throughout
* Solar-powered heating
* Established, low-maintenance garden with shed
* Moments from beach, schools, transport, shopping, parkland
Property Code: 905