Rural for sale
245 Deepdene Road,
3 1 1
Trading as South West Victorian OlivesTrading as South West Victorian Olives
- Over 5000 grafted olive trees planted between 2002 & 2004 now maturing & coming into consistent cropping
- 8 x 5m tree planting layout complimentary to mechanical harvesting with all trees pruned to also facilitate this
- Table & oil varieties: 3500+ Kalamata (dual purpose), 1500+ oil varieties including Koroneiki, Volos & Oil Kalamata.
- Award winning olive oil; Bronze at 2011 Australian Olive Association Olive Oil Competition
- Current crop estimated at approx. 30t+ with a potential for value adding as processed table olives or the option to process all into olive oil
- Drip Irrigation system including fertigation system & 13.4 ML irrigation license (included in sale)
- Potential to convert to Organic
- Large Machinery shed (12x9m), Irrigation Shed (6x6) & 3 bedroom overnight accommodation facilities (18x9m)including kitchen, bathroom and toilet
- 5 Ha (approx.), 7 year old Sawlog plantation; Sugar Gum & Spotted Gum up to 10m high trees
- Substantial Land Care revegetation; nearly 8000 trees, shrubs planted on the property
Fantastic opportunity to secure an already established olive grove which has enormous potential to take it to the next level of processing and marketing into an oil &/or olive brand.
Location is ideal for the tourist trade being only 8 km from Birregurra, 25 km from Lorne, 60 Km from Geelong and approx. 1hr 40 min from Melbourne.
Last updated: 03:17AM on Jan 29th 2018