Semi-rural Acreage for sale
2662 Caroda Road,
4 1 7
'Killara' 2,020 ha of Freehold title. Double River Frontage with Original restored Homestead.Property inquiries please call and enter the property code 3922 Thank you.
'Killara' 2,020 hectares (4991.53 acres) freehold title of beautiful grazing country in the Horton Valley.
Breathtaking views of distant hills all around. Held with one family for 138 years. This is a first time offer.
This lush property not only boast Double River Frontage on the Horton River, but also 800 hectares of prime breeding and fattening county, with flat native pastures, quality soil and constant water supply, perfect for growing grass fed cattle. The carrying capacity is approx 400 to 450 breeders plus fattening opportunities.
Stock can graze on the entire property including the 607 hectares of private native forestry title where Cypress Pine, Iron Bark, and Box timber grow.
The Horton River is fast flowing perennial water-way and the only North running river in NSW. Flowing into the Gwydir River, the Horton is part of the Murray-Darling system. There is no record of the river ever running dry.
This property is very versatile, suited to running cattle, sheep or a combination, plus the added advantage of selling timber and cultivation. Super has never been used on normal native pastures.
'Killara' (Aboriginal for 'always there') was established in 1878 and has run Cattle, Merino sheep and race horses. The property has never been de-stocked in its history.
A tastefully restored 4 bedroom Homestead, built in 1902 using timber milled from the property.
* Original style restored interior with 3 large covered verandas
* A rare double guttering system
* 2 Tiled fire places in lounge room and dining room and a wood burner in family room
* 4 large double bedrooms
* Formal dining room
* Kitchen with a separate walk in pantry room
* Walk in linen room
* Lounge room and family room
* Original floor boards
* 4m high ceiling
* 16 external doors opening to the veranda
* Unique diagonal woodwork walls and original fixtures.
A restored 2 bedroom Cottage (currently let as a farm stay) also built by timber milled from the property
* Separate Kitchen
* Lounge/Dining room with open fire place
* Separate bathroom with a working traditional fire lit hot water system
* BBQ area with outdoor living area
* Single car port
* Fenced yard
The 2020 ha property also features:
* All buildings stand on high ground with 360 degree distant mountain views.
* An third dwelling with 3 bedroom home which needs attention
* Large 4 stand Wool Shed
* The 450m2 two story shelter shed holding capacity of approx 1000 sheep on the top level with grain storage plus lower level storage for sheep.
* Large stockyards, machinery shed, 4 stables and original shearers quarters
* Property is fed by river water
* All dwellings have electricity
* 7 Dams, each paddock has a dam or river frontage
* Mail is delivered 3 days a week
*The Bingara School bus runs past the door
*Rainfall average is 28 inches p.a. Past 12 months showed 1273 mls of rain
35 km drive to Bingara which is located at the heart of the Fossickers Way, one of the oldest And most scenic route in NSW which is an alternative touring route between Sydney and Brisbane. (Population 1300 in 2011)
Bingara is a tranquil town with a vibrant community, shops, hotels, parks, pool, cafes and supplies.
Note 'Killara' is Located 110 km south-west from Inverell, 90km south-east from Moree, 192 km north of Tamworth, 489 km north of Sydney NSW
Note: On Google maps address search address as 2662 Caroda Road, Elcombe, New South Wales
(Please use Inquiry code 3922 when you call Property Now)
Enquiry code for this property: 3922
Last updated: 05:09PM on Sep 12th 2017