House for sale
27 Fashoda Street,
Hyde Park, SA
4 2 2
Expressions of Interest close on Tue 25th September @2pm“We loved coming home”
- Words from the owners
“In the year 2000 we found an opportunity for our family to move from a large block in the hills to a manageable place in Hyde Park and over the next 8 years we poured our heart and soul into restoring it to its former glory. 27 Fashoda Street had great bones, but it needed a lot of love. We stripped wallpaper, we replaced ceilings - there wasn’t one square centimetre that missed our attention and we planted the beginnings of our garden. It became liveable.
Then as our children became adults and left for their own beginnings, but we wanted more – we wanted to bring this humble home to its full potential so we worked with our builder to create what it is today. It won lots of awards- it was transformed. Our family was now growing again. Grand children were arriving faster than we could remember their names and this home became a haven for them all at times. Christmases around a big table were epic. We reconnected with extended family, we entertained friends, we looked after boisterous kids while their parents climbed mountains for a break and we two, yes just the two of us loved every minute of it. We loved the peace at times. We loved the neighbours, we loved the haven, the space and every time we walked in the front door we felt so lucky to be in that space.
Now it’s time to leave. There are parts of this home that will wow anyone but there is not just one part that’s our favourite. Home is where you can slip into the pool on a starry night and dream - all worries melt away. Home is where you can read stories to little kids as they stare back up at you and tell you “you have nose hairs Poppy “ Home is where 5 people in the kitchen preparing a meal is not only possible, it’s mandatory. Home is where the oval bath is like a football field – it fits 5 grand children peering over the edge as they giggle with Nanna.
This home is for a family. That’s what we set out to do - to make it for any family that felt a connection - one that would one day make it their own.
It has space, it has style, it has all those things you read about in real estate ads, but it has something that’s so transferrable that its priceless - love.
You’ll love coming home to 27 Fashoda St Hyde Park.”
What makes this residence special?
• 1910 villa with return verandah, attractive render & freestone over bluestone. Tessellated tiles to verandahs, high ceilings throughout, original stained-glass leadlight, polished floorboards to living and hallways, original fireplaces & architectural fixtures to front. Pilkington Comfort Plus laminated glazing to rear. Screens to windows
• MBA award winning extension 2008
• Kitchen: granite bench tops, glass splashbacks, Kleenmaid; oven, microwave, 6 burner gas cooktop, exhaust canopy. F&P 2 drawer dishwasher. Generous walk-in pantry with space for drink fridge
• Adjacent laundry with access to services area
• Master suite: large bedroom with feature leadlight windows, ensuite, walk-in robe with pull down/ pull out racks
• Family bathroom: freestanding Apaiser Haven bath of reconstituted stone, wall hung vanity with Caesarstone top & Villeroy & Boch bowl, heated towel rail, high-end fixtures/fittings
• Outdoor entertaining under main roof
• High-end fixtures & fittings
• Skylights to bathrooms & pantry
• 18,000 L underground rainwater storage connected to a garden watering system
• RC ducted air conditioning
• Pool: salt chlorinated, solar heated, auto cleaner
• 18 panel solar array - 4.7 Kw
• Gas instant temp-controlled hot water
• Plumbed Workshop/Studio, interior roof storage via attic ladder & generous cabinetry throughout
• Internal access from secure carport, remote controlled panel lift door. Opens to workshop
• Walking distance to Unley Primary and Walford. Close proximity to Concordia, Unley High & numerous buses for other schools have pick ups in neighbouring streets. Public transport along Unley & King William Roads to CBD & universities
Last updated: 09:50PM on Sep 19th 2018