House for sale
3 Barwon Terrace,
Barwon Heads, VIC
3 2 1
Indicative Selling Range: $1,080,000-$1,180,000
A Beach Shack With A Big DifferenceWelcome to the 21st century, functional, sustainable, and luxurious living. Paying homage to the traditional “beach shack”, this superbly designed and constructed coastal home combines recycled timbers and corrugated iron with contemporary materials, fittings, and state-of-the-art appliances. The sum total is a unique, character-filled property that delivers a wonderfully comfortable and environmentally-responsible lifestyle.
- The current owners affectionately refer to the home as “The Heads’ Shed” (as in Barwon Heads)
- It was designed by internationally-renowned environmental architect - Dr. Phillip Roös
- Reflecting local character, it uses the traditional coastal colours of white and weathered timber
- Clever design and construction keep the sun out in summer and capture it in the winter
- Features include thermal concrete floor, angled windows, pitched ceilings and exposed trusses
- The house is designed around a central courtyard with surrounding decking and a fire pit
- A low-maintenance native front garden, leads to an elevated deck and a huge sliding “barn” door
- Entry reveals the delightful central courtyard and an open-sided studio/garage with a tilt-up door
- A front office (or third bedroom) leads via a passage to the laundry, bathroom and large bedroom
- Concertina doors and a sliding barn door provide privacy from the adjacent kitchen/dining/lounge
- This superb “living” space showcases the magnificent gabled ceiling and light-filtering windows
- Kitchen boasts timber benchtops, Smeg electric oven/gas cooktop, and Westinghouse dishwasher
- Fabulous feature wall in lounge area made from recycled timber from the old St. Kilda Pier
- Large sliding door through to master bedroom and luxury ensuite with shower, bath and vanity
- Landscaped garden, outdoor shower, solar panels, large rainwater tank, and rear garden shed
- Close to Barwon River, walking tracks, parks and sporting facilities. Walk or drive to town centre.
Fusing classical shed design with contemporary environmental architecture, this fascinating and appealing property is a welcome addition to the diversity of homes in this friendly village by the sea.
Last updated: 03:48PM on Jan 15th 2018