House for sale
3 Stevenson Place,
Newcastle East, NSW
4 3 0
$1,900,000 - $1,995,000
Circa 1911 Classic with separate apartmentPositioned for lifestyle in an unrivalled setting amidst the beauty and history of Newcastle East and part of a handsome terrace row constructed c.1911, ‘Ismebury’ is a rare offering displaying all the grace and grandeur of a bygone era. Extended and renovated, coupling classic period detailing with contemporary upgrades, the residence showcases multiple living spaces, stylish kitchen and bathrooms and flexible self-contained basement accommodation.
Divine traditional detail including high decorative ceilings, Huon pine floorboards, four working fireplaces and a carved cedar staircase present a rich palette for formal lounge and dining spaces before opening up at the rear to the open plan family living zone where a wall of bi-fold windows attracts beautiful natural light and cross ventilation and the kitchen features marble counter-tops, a butler’s sink and gas cooking. A laundry and powder room is also on this level while upstairs, two contemporary bathrooms serve two bedrooms, both
blessed with the gift of space and generous built-in cabinetry. The original servants’ quarters is now self-contained two bedroom accommodation, with an internal staircase providing the ability to recreate back to one three-storey four bedroom/three bathroom home.
The location of this home is undeniably superb where an early morning swim or surf at Newcastle or Nobbys beach, a relaxed foreshore walk or breakfast, lunch or dinner at a popular eatery are all simply effortless.
- Tri-storey terrace on north facing 115sqm parcel with rear lane pedestrian access
- Self-contained lower level featuring lounge room, dining nook with bi-fold windows, laundry, bathroom and two bedrooms is a perfect retreat for a home business, additional living or rental income (approx. 450pw)
- Formal lounge room with custom cabinetry adjoins formal dining
- Contemporary kitchen with marble benchtops, gas cooker, dishwasher and pantry
- Skylit bathroom with subway tiles and large shower plus full family bathroom with spa bath in marble surrounds
- Master bedroom accesses via French doors versatile sunroom
- Generous built-in cabinetry to bedrooms and master bathroom
Last updated: 02:52PM on Jul 30th 2018