House for sale
313 Seven Hills Road,
Seven Hills, NSW
5 4 2
Expressions of Interest
Historically Significant Site with Development PotentialChurch, Church Hall and the Old Rectory
This historical, character- filled, unique property transports you back to another place where time has stood still. Beautifully, architecturally restored, this landmark property offers unlimited possibilities for a prestigious family home enjoying a private, country lifestyle still within metropolitan Sydney. Alternatively, this site could be utilised to combine the old with the new, maintaining and re-purposing the church and the hall to use within a redevelopment.
Set on approximately 6100sqm, three buildings comprising an intact precinct of early church buildings, the old rectory presents magnificently with five oversized bedrooms, the master featuring a walk-in wardrobe and an ensuite bathroom. Six marble fireplaces feature through this late Victorian two-storied mansion with polished floor boards, ornate ceilings and classic wrap around 90 ft. cast iron verandas, topped by a 'widows walk' above. Glass Conservatory family room with country style kitchen featuring island bench with stone bench tops, gas cooking, dishwasher and ample storage solutions is an entertainer's delight.
3 Heritage Listed, intact, buildings comprising Victorian Neo-Gothic style Church (1878), Church Hall with Gothic Style arched windows (Circa . 1884) and Old Rectory a fine late Victorian two-storey mansion with imposing double storey wrap around veranda with restored iron lace balustrades(c.1891),
Church features Cedar beam arches and panelled ceiling, stained glass and leadlight full length windows, vestry and cellar
Church Hall features Gothic Style windows and timber ceilings needing renovation
Adjacent land to the heritage buildings zoned R2 residential
DA already submitted for 10 terrace style dwellings and an under basement car park for Seniors Living
Registered easement to facilitate any development.
Opportunity to create a new DA to increase the yield and enhance the precinct
Can be repurposed for other usage (STCA) for Place of Public Worship, Childcare Centre, Boarding Homes Bed and Breakfast, Accommodation, Respite Day Care Centres and Veterinary Hospitals
The land for the church was donated by Phillip Pearce who was the son of Matthew Pearce, a pioneer settler of the area and after which Matthew Pearce School is named. Matthew Pearce, a free settler arrived on board the 'Surprise' in 1794 and was granted 160 acres in 1795, known now as Seven Hills, Baulkham Hills and Kings Langley. Four of the six windows in the church were dedicated to members of the Pearce family, descendants of Matthew Pearce.
The construction is Gothic Revival Style, although simple and unpretentious, the interior features are impressive with high beamed ceilings.
The Church (St. Andrew's) was built and designed by Mr G H Stoker from 1863-1892. The church was officially opened by the Archbishop of Sydney on 22/10/1879 and so became the Anglican Parish Centre west of St. John's in Parramatta. The Church Hall (built in 1884), and Rectory (1891) was on land donated by Phillip Augustus Pearce, who had inherited Kings Langley Farm on his father's death in 1865 and successive donations created the current block with final contribution 1938.
A substantial land holding just south of the junction of Seven Hills Road with Old Windsor Road, at Seven Hills provides easy access to the city via the M2, T-Way bus services, links you to Parramatta, CBD and Rouse Hill with Norwest Rail.
This truly is an outstanding property and must be seen to be appreciated
Last updated: 07:41PM on Oct 23rd 2018