358 New Street,
Elegant Edwardian excellence in coveted corner positionA spectacular, family-focused home of distinctive beauty and period integrity, this radiant, red-brick Edwardian entertainer on an impressive 897sqm (approx.) corner site is awash with contemporary finishes. A beautiful Bayside retreat, Murrindindi (circa 1913) represents idyllic Brighton living, tailored to elegant, free-flowing entertaining.
Captivating at first sight, each space tells a story, displaying a genuine sense of occasion on Baltic pine under soaring ceilings. A character-rich dining room is ideal for entertaining with substance, while a private and relaxed sitting room is versatile enough to work as a large home office.
Discover a full-sized study with built-in cabinetry before the home brilliantly opens up to reveal a granite-topped and skylit Smeg kitchen with imposing island bench, while an adjacent open-plan living and dining area showcases a glass-framed conservatory for dining in sun-swept style. Spill outside to a paved, north-facing alfresco, immediately inspiring thoughts of entertaining with the opportunity to privately dine and lounge alongside a seasonal garden, currently in full bloom.
The quartet of bedrooms are equally spread over both levels with the main bedroom boasting dual-sided, walk-in robes, a marble and mosaic-finished, twin-vanity ensuite showcasing a sumptuous bath, and a majestic bay window overlooking the colourful garden. The upstairs bedrooms are staged under stylishly sloped ceilings, both containing built-in robes and storage solutions.
Comprehensive features of this stunning family home include ducted heating and cooling throughout, remote-controlled double garage plus additional driveway parking behind secure, auto-entry gates, a substantial storeroom and additional storage throughout, and an automated irrigation system.
A full complement of period features include exquisite leadlighting upon arrival, timber-posted front and rear verandahs, a number of ornate open fireplaces, tessellated tiling, leadlit porthole windows, dazzling chandeliers, finely moulded ceiling art and roses, decorative cornice work, and original Baltic pine flooring.
Centrally located, stroll to Bay Street’s shopping, cinema, cafes and restaurants, and take advantage of Brighton’s beaches, the Brighton Baths, North Brighton railway station and the city’s leading schools all nearby. A privileged Brighton lifestyle does not get any better than this!
* 4 large bedrooms, main with WIR and marble and mosaic ensuite, 3 with BIR and integrated storage
* Spacious open-plan living and dining with glassed conservatory
* Sparkling, skylit Smeg kitchen with black granite benchtops and an entertainers’ island bench
* Versatile, formal sitting room
* Stately dining room
* Study with built-in cabinetry
* Upstairs powder room
* Large laundry with built-in cabinetry and benches
* Luxurious, marble and mosaic bathroom offers a bath with separate walk-in shower
* Secure remote-controlled garage plus additional driveway parking behind secure, automatic gates
* Paved alfresco area capturing northern sun
* Large storeroom with built-in shelving
* Additional storage solutions include attic and under-stairs options
* Baltic pine flooring and 100% pure wool carpets
* Ducted heating and refrigerated cooling
* Sprawling, seasonal garden and yard with graceful water feature at the front
* Automated irrigation system
* Moments from shopping, schools, parkland, transport and the beach
Property Code: 1167