House for sale
4 Eastview Avenue,
4 2 4
"Shuna" - Circa 1918Opportunity to purchase your own private estate, over 5000sqm of stunning mountain gardens within walking distance to Leura Mall. "Shuna" is a much loved family home offering peace and privacy steeped in history.
"Shuna" was originally built in 1918 as a summer home for a Sydney family later to be bequeathed to the Little Company order of nuns as a retreat in the 1930's. Converting back to a family home through the 50's later becoming a popular guesthouse until bought by current owner in 1999.
Extensively renovated over the last 20 years and brought back to its original glory this 1918 federation colonial clad cottage combines classic features with modern convenience.
- Large inviting gates welcome you to the tree lined driveway and off street parking
- Wrap around verandas circle the home
- Timber kitchen centrally located to take in the stunning outlook
- Upstairs consists of 2 bedrooms and renovated bathroom
- Downstairs is the master suite with ensuite, walk-in robe and private courtyard
- Separate area perfect for a teenage retreat or large rumpus area
- Original 1918 fireplaces, Brivis Gas central heating throughout
- Skylights, 13 Panel Sunny Boy Solar System, Back to base security
- Carport with ample off street parking
The gardens of "Shuna" are simply stunning, peaceful sitting areas, duck pond, summer house with rare and mature plantings throughout. Dry stone walls, fountain and orchard planted in 1949.
First time offered in over 20 years, an inspection is a must to truly appreciate this unique property.
Last updated: 07:19AM on Oct 20th 2019