House for sale
41 Were Street,
4 4 5
PRIVATE SALE - INSPECTION BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Elegant French-Inspired Family Entertainer in Prime PositionShowcasing an eye-catching structural presence from street level, this exceptional Atkinson Pontifex-constructed family home architecturally designed by James Rigney, cleverly combines the imposing elegance of French Provincial architecture with the bold lines of contemporary design. Anchored by a majestic palm tree out front, on circa 854m2 of land this superior 4 bedroom, 4.5 bathroom 77 square home effortlessly encapsulates the very essence of refined Brighton living.
It’s clear from the outset that every delightful detail and lavish luxury has been carefully considered and crafted with extensive use of oak and wrought iron an immediate focus upon arrival. Inspired, immaculate and inviting all at once, experience a wonderful sense of space under soaring ceilings illuminated by an exquisite chandelier.
Discover a sweeping main bedroom conveniently set on the ground floor, serviced by a substantial, double-sided dressing room and a chic and sleek, marble-tiled en suite. Enjoy an oversized twin shower, dual vanity and a decadent oval-shaped, free-standing tub.
A versatile space with integrated shelving is currently being used as a library, while a home office comes complete with built-in desks and a range of storage solutions. A handy powder room makes excellent use of Stella Ivory polished marble tiling.
Beautifully balanced at every turn, the heart of the home is an expansive, north-facing open-plan living and dining area, perfect for entertaining with substance and style. Framed by banks of glass, relax on an elegant bench seat placed underneath a modern take on the bay window. A triumph of high-end scale and convenience, the luxe stone-topped Miele kitchen with butler’s pantry will inspire the most demanding of home chefs.
Designed with indoor/outdoor entertaining front-of-mind, the living spaces seamlessly connect with the privacy of the entire block. Through sliding concertina doors, be instantly drawn to sheltered al fresco dining on stone-topped benches featuring a fully plumbed Teppanyaki grill and BBQ. Comprehensive features include an integrated bar fridge, outdoor powder room, lounge area, Sonos sound system and blackbutt decking underfoot. With nothing left to chance, entertaining will become second nature.
Enjoy the added attraction of an automated solar-heated swimming pool, just in time for summer. At the far end of the pool, three established Tulip trees shoot skywards from a timber deck, providing a stunning backdrop to the property.
Head downstairs to a super-sized 5-car basement garage, large storeroom with built-in shelving, a well-appointed gym and neatly presented wine cellar. A wonderfully cinematic home theatre will keep the whole family entertained with Gold Class-style seating, a top-of-the-range Mitsubishi projector and sensational surround-sound.
A grand sunlit staircase takes you upstairs to a roomy retreat, the ideal spot for a family to connect or slip away for some quiet time. The remaining three bedrooms are staged on this level, two with luxurious ensuites, walk-in robes and built-in desks, the third serviced by a luxury bathroom.
Everything about this home feels right from the towering decorative ceilings to the exquisite Juliet balconies perched high above the street. Yet, beyond all the grandeur, an easygoing liveability propels this property into instant classic territory. Designed and constructed to a meticulous standard, this is peerless and prestigious Brighton living without compromise.
Enjoy the convenience of nearby leading schools, take a short walk to the beach at the end of the street and explore the foreshore’s fitness trails, all within easy access to Were Street Village. Defined by clean, contemporary lines from top to bottom, inspect today!
- 4 large bedrooms with double BIR/WIR/dressing room, 3 with ensuites, 2 with integrated desks
- 4 luxurious full-size bathrooms
- Expansive open-plan living and dining area
- Deluxe kitchen featuring Miele and Bosch appliances, stone benchtops, entertainers’ island bench and convenient butler’s pantry
- Ground-floor powder room
- Upstairs retreat with built-in shelving
- Grand library/study with integrated shelving and gas open fire
- Home office fit for a workforce with custom-built shelving and desks
- Large home gym
- Roomy cellar in basement
- Laundry with integrated shelving and storage
- Automatic 5-car basement garage with internal access plus storeroom with built-in shelving
- Sheltered al fresco dining and lounging with blackbutt deck and ceiling fan overhead
- Outdoor commercial-grade Teppanyaki grill and built-in Electrolux BBQ and wine fridge
- Outdoor powder room
- Private courtyard on property’s western perimeter
- Automated solar-heated salt chlorinated swimming pool
- Landscaped garden with established palm tree, manicured hedges and rear yard
- Zoned reverse-cycle heating/cooling
- European Oak floorboards
- Colour-matched plantation shutters throughout
- Fully alarmed
- Laundry chute
- Ducted vacuum
- Borehole plus 40,000 litre underground water tank
- 100% NZ 80 oz wool carpet and European oak flooring with hand-scraped finish
- Front doors sourced from Graham Geddes Antiques
- Custom French inspired decorative cornices throughout
- 2 Italian limestone gas open fireplaces, handmade by Lasting Impressions
- Stella Ivory polished marble tiling in main en suite and powder room
- Solid oak joinery in the library
- Moments from schools, transport, shopping, parkland, restaurants, cafes, beach
- Size of block: 854sqm
- Property 77 squares
Property Code: 894
Last updated: 06:01PM on Sep 11th 2017