Rural for sale
434 Barrington East Road,
10 8 3
Barrington Riverside CottagesThe current owners purchased the property in September 2004, and since then they have transformed the property into a "getaway destination". Only a little over 3 hours from Sydney, this property offers a great escape from the noise and bussle of the city. Located on the banks of the pristine Barrington River, guests can unwind and just do nothing...or swim, fish, canoe and picnic beside the river. Here is just some of what this wonderful property has to offer:
- A 4BR barn-style, Colorbond home
- A huge paved outside entertaining BBQ area with views down the valley to the north
- High ceilings, open plan living/dining
- Generous kitchen
- Spacious master bedroom with a walk-through robe and ensuite
- Office with sliding glass doors to the driveway/entrance
- Combined laundry/ bathroom
- 3 bay Colorbond garage with three electric roller doors
- Satellite TV, NBN and Land-line
3 Self-contained Cottages
- Each of the cottages have 2 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms plus a combined living/cooking area
- The main bedroom has a queen bed and the second bedroom has 2 single beds
- There is another double bed in the living area which folds out from the divan, effectively sleeping 6 people per cottage (the most comfortable number is 4)
- Each bathroom has a shower, toilet and hand basin, plus the second bedroom has a shower over bathtub
- The beds are hotel quality and all linen & toiletries are provided. Electric blankets are also included in the winter months. Each bedroom has ample wardrobe space as well as room fans and reading lights, the main living area has a fan plus reverse cycle heating /cooling.
- The Cottages offer full self-catering facilities including fridge plus Satellite TV, DVD, and WiFi.
- Each cottage has a large verandah with BBQ, dining furniture and lots of room to sit back and relax.
- One Cottage is set up as a wheel chair accessible cottage
Outdoor Entertaining Area - Servicing the cottages is a centrally located, large outdoor entertaining area. This undercover area includes a built-in BBQ, large bench with sink, oven and table and chairs. There is also an outdoor fire pit.
- Tractor/storage shed, set of yards, dam, 6 main paddocks with gravity fed water troughs
- The owners currently run sheep and two Alpacas
- There is DA approval (2013) for 2 more cottages and a club-house/conference facility
- The owners are also waiting on final DA approval from council to convert the current hut into additional accommodation
- The property enjoys a 600m frontage to the Barrington River with a 40meg water licence and 2 wheel drive access to the river swimming hole
- Underground power and services
- Garden Master waste management system with capability to cater for additional infrastructure
- Three large water tanks provide a capacity of 66,000 litres of rain water to the cottages with the ability to also pump from the river.
- Sealed road access, 14km from Gloucester
Barrington Riverside Cottages is generating a strong annual income with scope to increase this significantly through further development if desired.
Property Code: 908
Last updated: 04:38PM on Dec 18th 2017