House for sale
45 Kennedy Street,
“KILORA” 45 KENNEDY Street, Hamilton
Superb, Historic and Iconic KILORA is situated on the very top of Church Hill overlooking the Magnificent Hamilton Botanical Gardens.
KILORA was originally constructed in 1871 for the then Editor of The Spectator. Substantial extensions were completed in the 1890’s. The property is now 74 Squares and constructed of Red Polychrome Brick. It is considered to be the largest single level residence in Hamilton. Period features include high timber ceilings, polished board floors, leadlight windows, open fireplaces and Robert Prenzel carvings.
- The KILORA Entrance is through a magnificent and ornate reception hall.
- There is a Drawing Room with a significant mantle over the open Fireplace.
- The Large Formal Dining Room includes an open fireplace with Rocke and Co mantle.
- The Renovated Kitchen is expansive and features high quality European Appliances.
- There are six Bedrooms and three Bathrooms.
- Other rooms include the Library, Office and Parlour with open fireplaces.
- There is a large Butler’s Pantry.
- The Formal Billiard Room features wood panelling, open fireplace, polished floors, vaulted ceiling, leadlight panels and a full size Alcock table.
- The large inground swimming pool has been recently covered but can be easily uncovered. There is an adjacent cabana with shower, toilet and cooking facilities.
- The gracious garden is well designed and includes many roses, fruit trees, bulbs and exotic plants.
- There is a lock up garage with access from Skene Street.