House for sale
46 Ozone Parade,
5 3 2
Early $4 millions
THE PERFECT FAMILY BEACH HOUSEThe simple lines of the stacked cube architecture are striking against the clear blue Cottesloe sky, in a home that takes the modern beach house idea to a new level. From the spherical sculpture of salvaged steel out front, through to the secluded oasis of sweeping lawns and pool pavilion out back, this is the perfect family home for contemporary coastal life steps away from the ocean.
True comfort is all about thoughtful design, the highest quality materials and the right orientation. This home is ideally positioned for north-facing living with refreshing cross-breezes and a truly surprising expanse of beautifully curated land at the rear.
Cricket, footy, movie nights under the stars and poolside entertaining are all yours for the summer - that's when you're not down at the beach.
Upstairs, you feel you're living up amongst the trees, with a sense of both transparency and seclusion. The long waterfall island bench and simply stunning kitchen sit in the centre of the open-plan space, with lounging at one end and dining at the other.
Free-flowing entertaining on any scale is a breeze here, with a hidden scullery behind the kitchen and two balconies to the north and south: one with outdoor kitchen looking down at the pool, and one with ocean views.
The master suite also opens to the ocean-view balcony, and its en-suite features the driftwood-toned tiling and beachy feel found in all three bathrooms. Also on this level is a powder room and generous north-facing office looking out over the gardens.
For family of all ages, the ground level offers total flexibility for study, play, work and friends: a guest bedroom with en-suite positioned at the front of the home could also serve as a home office; there are three more bedrooms, bathroom and separate powder room, plus an independent entertaining zone that teenagers will love.
A kitchenette and living room flows through to the outdoors across the lawn to the pool pavilion, and around the corner is the outdoor shower to wash off after the beach.
Inside, superb honed travertine tiling is both beautiful and functional, as under-floor heating envelops the home in gentle warmth in the cooler months. Reverse-cycle air-conditioning is in place but rarely used, as the home's orientation welcomes the cooling breezes. Automatic driveway gates and buzz-in security from the gatehouse give easy peace of mind and a laneway on the eastern boundary offers flexibility for rear access.
Your simply perfect 21st century family beach house is ready for your coastal summer.
5 bedrooms 1 study 3.5 bathrooms 1 pool 2 cars
- Striking architecture and superb functionality by the beach
- Expansive north-facing oasis at rear for backyard cricket and pool parties
- Ocean views and upstairs living amongst the trees
- Sleek kitchen plus hidden scullery
- Two upstairs terraces, one with outdoor kitchen
- Ideal for entertaining and functions
- Heated pool, poolside pavilion with integrated audio
- Cricket, outdoor movie nights, pool parties
- Elegantly simple garden design, reticulated from bore
- Flexible family zones including ground floor kitchenette and living
- Very efficient and comfortable with great cross-ventilation
- Beautiful honed travertine tiling with underfloor heating
- Laneway to side of property for flexible access
- Intercom security for gatehouse entry
- Quiet, secluded and serene
- Fantastic Cott community location: walk to cafes and the ocean
Last updated: 02:10PM on Feb 14th 2019