47A Montclair Avenue,
Modern Family Entertainer with Alluring Edwardian IntegrityInspections By Appointment Only
Driven by design, led by luxury, and steeped in brilliant Bayside style to accommodate every requirement of modern family living, this triple-brick, double-storey 5 bedroom Edwardian entertainer leaves nothing to chance with seamless indoor/outdoor appeal on a coveted corner block.
Beyond secure intercom entry from Montclair Avenue, discover wonderfully wide-reaching, open-plan living and dining with white-washed, original hardwood flooring underfoot. Enjoy a stainless-steel and granite-finished Gaggenau kitchen showcasing a waterfall-edged island bench and lightly toned joinery. Tailor-made for entertaining, this natural heart of the home is immediately inviting.
Rejuvenated to enhance circulation between indoors and out, the effortless flow is testament to thoughtful planning. Inviting natural light inside, a parade of glass and steel also easily opens out to a number of entertaining zones including alfresco dining, a bluestone terrace with a wood-fired pizza oven, and a relaxing pool with adjoining deck. The whole perimeter of the property is meticulously hedged, treed and screened for complete privacy and serenity.
Always free-flowing, the sprawling layout offers rest and retreat for the whole family. A children’s wing on ground level includes a skylit bedroom, a light-filled rumpus room, and access to a secluded, north-facing courtyard with the additional capability to store a boat or trailer from the sidestreet. A remote-controlled double garage featuring internal and external access is also staged in this area, while a nearby study or meditation room has the flexibility to work as a fifth bedroom with the convenience of built-in robes.
A sweeping staircase heads upstairs to the remaining trio of bedrooms with the palatial main offering roomy walk-in robes and a luxe ensuite with oversized shower. All of the period features on display add value including an ornate open fireplace, exquisite leadlighting, elaborate cornice craftsmanship, and intricate ceiling art.
Expertly balancing heritage and modernity, this family home embraces the best of both worlds, combining the classic charm of old-world architecture with the luxury and convenience of new-world function. There is a relaxed warmth at play here. Moments from Gardenvale Station, Martin Street’s village shopping and cafes, and this city’s leading schools, take advantage of easy access to Brighton and Elwood beaches in a tightly held, family-focused neighbourhood.
At a glance...
* Up to 5 large bedrooms with BIR/WIR, 5th bedroom with option to use as a study
* Main bedroom boasts ensuite with oversized shower
* Sweeping, supersized open-plan living and dining with gas log fireplace
* Stunning, top-of-the-range Gaggenau kitchen with stainless-steel and granite benchtops, waterfall-edged island bench and lightly toned joinery
* Luxurious, skylit bathroom with bath and shower
* Large laundry
* Skylit vestibule
* Children’s retreat/rumpus
* Sheltered alfresco dining with strip heating
* Inviting swimming pool and relaxing deck
* Bluestone terrace with wood-fired pizza oven, built-in BBQ and bench seating
* Outdoor shower
* Remote-controlled double garage featuring internal/external access from Montclair Avenue
* Hidden courtyard or boat storage capacity with entry from Montclair Avenue
* Ducted heating and cooling
* Landscaped, low-maintenance garden
* Garden shed and water tank
* Moments from schools, transport, shopping, parkland, restaurants, cafes and the beach
Property Code: 1199