48 Asling Street,
Elegant Victorian With Desirable Family Appeal in Prestigious PositionTightly held and highly treasured in the one family for 52 years, this elegant, 4 bedroom Victorian home (Pendennis, circa 1880) offers a family-focused lifestyle where character is a constant and convenience is at your doorstep. Significantly extended to accommodate every requirement of modern living on a deep 860sqm parcel of land (approx.), this investment cuts across time.
Beyond the home’s traditional facade, discover an inviting arched hallway under high ceilings on original pine flooring. A formal dining room is dressed in exquisite Victorian-themed wallpaper with a pair of picture windows directing welcome light to all corners. All four bedrooms are staged to the front of the home, generous in size and serviced by a deluxe bathroom with sunken bath and separate fully tiled shower.
Always free-flowing, the home impressively opens up to reveal spacious open-plan living and dining under exposed beams with timber sourced from the demolished YMCA building in the city. Under vaulted ceilings, enjoy a skylit kitchen boasting high-end Miele and Smeg appliances including a 6-burner cooktop, a handy walk-in pantry, and a marble benchtop. A family living room towards the rear offers privacy and retreat if so desired.
The living flows outdoors to a welcoming paved courtyard, presenting a whole range of dining and entertaining possibilities. An established, picture-perfect garden with bursts of colour and lavender rests alongside a deep yard. Offering a rare opportunity to use the rear of the block for an extension and renovation, draw inspiration from your neighbours by elevating and updating (STCA).
In a house alive with charm and personality, all of the period features on display add value. The lavish list includes an L-shaped timber and wrought-iron verandah, a number of ornate open fireplaces, cornice craftsmanship, slate roof, Baltic pine flooring, decorative entry arch, and elaborate ceiling roses. Comprehensive features include a separate laundry, handy powder room, ducted heating and cooling, off-street parking for up to 4 vehicles, and roller blinds throughout.
Moments from Bay Street’s rail and retail, leading schools, cosmopolitan cafes and restaurants, the lush greenery of Kamesburgh Gardens, and a short walk to Brighton and Elwood beaches, take advantage of the Elsternwick Primary School catchment area in a family-friendly neighbourhood. This is classically refined Brighton living with all the lifestyle benefits!
At a glance...
* 4 large bedrooms, 2 with BIR, 3 with open fireplaces
* Originally constructed in 1880 and updated in 1978
* Light-filled formal dining room with open fireplace
* Sunlit kitchen showcasing a high-end Smeg oven and 6-burner cooktop, Miele dishwasher, Bosch rangehood, walk-in pantry and marble benchtop under vaulted ceilings
* Spacious, skylit and sun-drenched open-plan living and dining area under exposed timber beams
* Relaxed family living room
* Family bathroom with sunken bath and walk-in shower
* Separate laundry
* Paved alfresco courtyard
* Off-street parking for 4
* Ducted heating and cooling
* Includes 4 open fireplaces, ceiling roses, cornice work, period verandah, and arched entry
* Roller blinds throughout
* Beautiful established garden and yard
* Moments from schools, transport, shopping, parkland, restaurants, cafes, and the beach
Property Code: 1338