House for sale
5 Lambton Street,
4 2 3
Offers over $1.1m
INNER CITY GOLDMINE!Situated within a fantastic pocket of Annerley, this circa 1910's house on two lots has grown with the family over the last 39 years, making it the spacious 4+ bedroom home it is today.
Built in underneath to legal height with sturdy cavity brick, the downstairs area is made up of a family room with a plumbed in bar area, adjoining rumpus room, gym and oversized bedroom. A bathroom with wet room style shower, corner spa bath and sauna can easily be accessed from the surrounding pool area.
There is both internal and external access to the first floor. Taking the ramp across from the front gate, the front door opens to an entrance hall with beautiful stained-glass French doors leading into an open plan living and dining room. A neutral colour palette, polished hardwood floors and stained-glass skylights make this space bright and airy.
The updated kitchen with soaring 3.6m ceilings features marble bench tops, silky oak cabinetry, stainless-steel appliances including a 900mm oven with 5 burner gas stove top, and space for a breakfast nook. A covered rear balcony with privacy shutters running its length overlooks the sparkling in-ground pool which has recently been repainted, half Tennis court, and panoramic suburban views.
Two of the upstairs bedrooms also feature 3.6m ceilings, whilst the third bedroom is of a sleep out style with separate study area. An additional room with beamed ceilings could be utilised as a study or home office. The bathroom servicing the upstairs space is neat and tidy with wet room style shower and separate powder room.
A tandem 3 car garage with an abundance of storage space and additional workshop area continuing out to a covered entertaining alfresco completes the property.
Moreover, it is the potential this property presents which makes it truly great. On an 814m2 allotment with no order protection over the property, there are numerous development opportunities to be had. One option includes retaining the existing home and adding a townhome to the rear; whilst another is removing the home to make room for two new homes or a townhouse complex of 4 (STCA). The home itself would provide easy rental potential whilst you work out your development plans!
Located only 4.8km to the CBD, you could catch the 100 Bus and be in the city in about 15 minutes. It is also the ideal location for staff working at the PA or Mater Hospitals, falling on the bus line between the two. A medical centre, numerous fast food stores including the popular new Taco Bell, Woolworths, Coles and Aldi, chemist and service station are all within walking distance. It is also close by to popular schools including Our Lady's College, Junction Park State School and Queensland University.
Summary of Features:
- 4 bedrooms + study
- 2 bathrooms (one up, one down)
- An abundance of living space with a rumpus and family room with plumbed in bar downstairs and open plan living and dining upstairs with beautiful stained-glass skylights
- Updated kitchen with marble benchtops, silky oak cabinetry, stainless steel appliances incl. a Eurolec 900mm gas oven with 5-burner cook top
- Half Tennis Court
- In-ground pool which has recently been repainted
- Tandem 3 car garage with plenty of storage space and additional workshop area
- 3.6m ceilings in bedrooms 1 & 2, along with kitchen
- Fully fenced 814m2 allotment on 2 lots with development potential (STCA)
- 4.8km to Brisbane CBD
- Ideal location for PA or Mater Hospital staff and Queensland University
- Walking distance to restaurants, Woolworths, Coles, Aldi, chemist and medical centre
- Close to popular schools including Our Lady's College and Junction Park State School
Last updated: 02:55AM on Dec 11th 2018