House for sale
5 Vernon Avenue,
6 7 6
AN EXCLUSIVE, EXECUTIVE ESTATEAs the gate closes silently behind you, and you make your way up the drive through the natural bush that acts as a gentle buffer between this 17-acre property and the rest of humanity, you begin to realise you are entering a unique and peaceful world, unlike any you've experienced before. This is Woodlands.
The smooth drive takes you past the snug stone and timber guest cottages, perfect and immaculate, standing ready for grandma, your overseas friends, or even paying guests should you choose to resurrect this property's lucrative bed and breakfast past. Look left, and through the trees you can glimpse the lake, where the natural spring burbles over its stone-lined bed, and native waterbirds poke placidly about in the shallows.
Finally, the sweep of driveway curves upwards and you see the executive residence for the first time. Stone steps take you to the deck, and the striking entrance to this unique, architect-designed home. As you step through the front door, you'll notice the entire front aspect of the home is full height glass, allowing a cascade of natural light to wash across the living spaces. As you explore the home, you'll find this idea - a home that embraces and reflects its surrounding environment - throughout each of the impeccable, elegant rooms.
You'll see earthy tones of stone, timber, terracotta and slate bringing a natural warmth to every room, and broad windows welcome in the peaceful hues of the earth, trees and sky.
Venture outside again to wander the deeper reaches of this sprawling property, and you'll discover further riches. An infinity pool, with an exquisite entertaining cabana complete with a kitchen and bathroom, looks out towards the treetops and the distant lake. Fenced paddocks, stables and a flood-lit dressage arena provide the horse enthusiast with everything they need for complete happiness.
Woodlands, at a glance:
• King sized master suite, with luxury bathroom and spacious walk-in robe
• Three further queen-sized bedrooms all with built-in robes and ensuite bathrooms
• Stunning chef's kitchen with casual dining
• Magnificent living areas with floor to ceiling windows and stonework
• Rear and front deck entertainment areas
• Formal dining area
• Huge home office/library/lounge
• Reverse cycle ducted & zoned air conditioning
• Plus three further reverse cycle units
• Two luxury guest cottages, each with:
• Full bathroom with clawfoot bath/shower
• Reverse cycle air-conditioning unit
• Pot belly stove
• Stone firepit with seating
• (NB these two cottages could easily be made into one complete granny flat)
INFINITY POOL AND ENTERTAINING VILLA
• Freeform pool with cascading waterfall and rock landscaping
• Cabana with kitchen amenities and full bathroom facilities
• Fully equipped
• Reverse cycle air-conditioning unit
• Three stables and a separate tack room
• 20m x 40m flood lit dressage arena
• Private: bounded on two sides by State Forest, and the other by Class A Reserve
• Electronic gated private drive
• 20m x 6m work shed with power, lighting and cement floor
• Six fenced paddocks, half electrified
• Rain water dam in top paddock
• Spring-fed lake and Victorian gazebo
• Extensive stone work throughout
• Stone fire pit and seating area
• Reticulated gardens
• Year-round bore
• Professional outdoor lighting of significant trees and buildings
• Victorian gazebo overlooking lake
• Rainwater tanks
The kitchen is the heart of any home, and this spacious specimen is truly a home cook's dream. The stainless-steel appliances are of the finest quality, including an Ilve stove, a Miele dishwasher and an in-counter Gaggenau food steamer, and the bench space is endless. A large double sink sits beneath two massive picture windows, giving you a fresh and peaceful view out over the trees and yard. You will love cooking in this beautiful space.
Each of the two delightful stone guest cottages has a beautiful wood-panelled vaulted ceiling, separate sitting area, claw-foot bathtubs and cosy pot-bellied stoves. These guest cottages were once used as a boutique bed and breakfast business, turning over $100,000 in a year and requiring only cleaner. Woodlands was also popular for corporate events and weddings, and there is significant potential to again run the property as a luxury hospitality operation.
This property is made complete by the glorious resort-style pool area with its infinity pool, cascading waterfall and rock landscaping creating a glorious retreat from the stress of daily life. Host an unforgettable pool party with refreshments from the well-appointed kitchen that includes a barbeque grill, a commercial refrigerator, sink, and microwave. The cabana also has a full bathroom for your comfort and convenience.
For more information on 5 Vernon Avenue Mundaring, or for friendly advice on any of your real estate needs plea...
Last updated: 05:19PM on Sep 20th 2018